Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gingercat
    Error: Parse Error (-2147221501) in SaveFile::deserialize @ SAVEHandler.bas Line 90
    CallStack:
    SaveFile::deseralize @ SaveFile.cls Line 797
    SaveFile::deseralize @ SaveFile.cls Line 52

I have this ^ exact same problem. Clicking "Abort" comes up with...

Error: Subscript out of range (9) in C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 4518
    Call Stack:
    C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 2402
    C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 8172
    C3MT @ SAVE_Map.cls Line 147

Whereas clicking "Ignore" comes up with:

Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 4518
    Call Stack:
    C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 2204

The few things I've changed in the normal map/rules editor are things like terrain production (mining allowed in forests etc), effects of pollution (all changed to "None"), and only me being allowed to build Nukes (so the AI doesn't go mad with them)... Save file is attached if anyone has any ideas.
    I get the same error. Is there any fix or workaround for this?

Comment

- Fixed overflow when converting wide Civ2 maps.
      - Added safe path detectection. If vanilla Civ3 can't be found but C3C or PTW can be their paths will be used to derive a vanilla path.
      - Fixed PTW save loading.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I have Play the World Multiplaer and when I ty to load a savegame It keepssaying that this aint a civ3 save...

Comment

• What version of PTW do you have?

Comment

• Is it possible to make simply a Unit Statistics [global] utility for Civ3Complete? That's the main thing I want to use but I'm getting errors when I try to use it with C3C. In version 1.10 the Unit Statistics section is greyed out and you can't do anything at all. In 1.12.2 and 1.12.4 you can click on the Unit Statistics section but the stat boxes are blank and when I click on the arrows to change their values it gives me error messages. The Error messages vary depending on which stat I try to change.

MOVES
            Error: Subscript out of range (9) in C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 5903

DEFENSE
            Error: Subscript out of range (9) in C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 5946

ATTACK
            Error: Subscript out of range (9) in C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 5924

BOMBARD
            Error: Subscript out of range (9) in C3MT @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 5969

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxArt

The game says "DataIO operation System Error: BIC" when trying to load the modified save.

Civilization 3 Vanilla 1.29f.

Two months old but, oh well. It needs to be said.

I keep getting the same error whenever I load a modified saved game. I only gave myself a little gold and, pressed the reviel map button then, saved. Is there any fix or, solution to this problem?

Comment

• I'm getting this bic error message too when I try to load a game I'm playing plan vinllia CivIII v1.29

Comment

• Can some one just Please FIX THIS?
                  Or, atleast make a new one that actualy Works?

Comment

• Hello, i have a problem with c3mt 1.12.4

error: Object variable or with block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ save_unit.cls 668

error: Object variable or with block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ save_unit.cls 697

error: Object variable or with block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ save_unit.cls 669

please help me

thanks

Comment

• New version: 1.12.5
                      - Fixed corruptions when saving vanilla saves.

Comment

• Like the previous poster I also get the following three errors over and over again when I try and save an edited save file (after the new file name has been entered).

Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 668
                        Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 669
                        Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 697

I also get another error message when I access the civilisation tab and select a civilisation and also when I try and save (prior to selecting file name).

SGE: Update Unit-City list
                        Error: Type mismatch (13) in c3mt @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 3710
                        Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 3718
                        Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ frmSaveEdit.frm Line 3718
                        SAVEWRITE: Saving DATE
                        SAVELOAD: Loading DATE
                        SGE: Updating unit 'LoadedOn'-list...
                        SAVEWRITE: Saving DATE

I am using Civ III Conquest and have patch to version 1.02, I have tried several versions of your tool and they all behave the same. Prior to installing conquest I seem to remember that your tool worked and I would dearly love to to have access to it again.

For information I do not get the 3718 error on a small saved game (200k ish), it only seems to manifest itself on larger saved files.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gnome

Comment

• Can you post the save that you load and save when you get these errors?

Comment

• Error message from savegame editor

I get the following error message when attempting to edit a savegame:

Civ3MultiTool - Error

Abort Retry Ignore
                            I've had this happen with other savegames. Usually when I change tabs or try to change a value in a field it will pop up this message. I can keep working (the program doesn't crash out), but results are unpredictable. For example it'll reset the year to 0, and change starting/ending year to 0 as well.

In another instance I'm not sure what happened, but I tried to change the current year back. It reset the values to 0 so I changed them manually and set the current year to -4000. When I went in game, everything worked OK but the next thing I know I was in the year 5290 AD or something way up there. Really weird

Anyhow, I included anything I could think of that could be of use and I attached a copy of the savegame I just tried to edit. Hopefully this helps!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Editor for Civ4

I've noticed that there are no editors such as this for Civ4, considering civ4 has been out for 2+ years I find it surprising and annoying.

Grampos any chance of making the editor for Civ4?!
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.
                              ---------------------------------------------

Comment

• Re: Error message from savegame editor

I too get the following errors after modifying a save file in Civ3 vanilla.

I get the following error message when attempting to edit a savegame:

Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 668
                                Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 669
                                Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in c3mt @ SAVE_Unit.cls Line 697
                                Civ3MultiTool - Error

Abort Retry Ignore
                                I've tried starting with a fresh Civ3 session, using C3MT to modify the civ advances so that I'm poised to enter the industrial age and after it shows me the Industrial Age Graphic and I select "Let's Play", I get a page fault:

CIVILIZATION3 caused an invalid page fault in
                                module CIVILIZATION3.EXE at 017f:00403046.
                                Registers:
                                EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=00403046 EFLGS=00210206
                                EBX=005c5818 SS=0187 ESP=00abfc08 EBP=01570ce0
                                ECX=0a96a2ec DS=0187 ESI=0a96a2ec FS=3447
                                EDX=00000625 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
                                Bytes at CS:EIP:
                                8b 80 3c 01 00 00 83 c1 58 8b 50 04 52 e8 38 71
                                Stack dump:
                                00000000 004063e3 00000000 0a96a2ec 0087442a 0a96a180 00000002 00000000 00589bc0 005c5818 ffffffff 0af0f300 00abfce4 00592afb ffffffff 004070e9

It says I'm running Civ3 1.07f, but I have the 1.29f patch and will (re)install it. However, I've heard people with this same problem using 1.29f over here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/archiv.../t-30397.html. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X