Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrendelS
    I guess units with red letters designated artificially created units?
    In the CT icons for units are only used vanilla varsion, and nort scenario specific. That mean that icons will not load for units added after the original release.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
      C3MT registry content isn't that important. Just settings.

PTW should have an install_path somehere pointing to the civ3ptw directory
      I did a message and attached a little jpeg of 44kb but, it seems it was too big and my whole complete message is gone in no man's land.

Anyway...

My registry is set up like this...

[Infograms Interactive] containing 5 folders

Civilization III
      Civilization III Play the world
      Civilization III - Play the world v1.04f (empty)
      Civilization III - Play the world v1.27f (empty)
      Civilization III v1.29f (empty)

Civilization III Play the world contains proper informations. The good install_path.

I also have a folder [Inforgrams] alone containing a folder Civ3PTW and it is empty. I have added into it a keyreg Install_Path with the exact path and still it doesn't work. When I open the C3MT, it points to the Civ3 and not Civ3PTW and when I open a Civ3PTW file, it says "NOT A CIV3 TYPE".

followed by a sbuscript error bla bla bla...

Can you help me with this?

Comment

• Getting errors while loading saves and editing Filters. I was able to capture 2 session logs, before they were deleted, with my Total (orginally Windows) Commander Program running at same time (copied to separete folder), before fully exiting program.

I hope that will help figure out what is wrong. I also edited the session 8 file, with comments. Sometimes, you get different errors, depending on whether you hit Abort or Ignore.

I also have newer versions of the 3 OCX files, so I'm including them in a follow up post, incase that might be part of the problem.

The Zip file contains 3 C3C 1.22 SP save files, all same game. One saved at start, one at 330BC and one created by C3MT. Also has the 2 session Logs.

E_T
        Attached Files
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• the OCX files that are Installed on my machine. 1 is same version, but slightly different time of same day created, the other 2 are newer versions.

As I don't know what the problem might be, I'm sending these, too.

E_T
          Attached Files
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• And I want to really thank you for all of the work that you've put into this.

Also, I can't download the 1.11.6 version, getting a page can't be found error... sorry.

Thanks,
            E_T
            Worship the Comic here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
              [snip]
              As for realeasing the source code I won't do that as long as I still am willing to work on the tool.
              If you do, at some time in the future, decide to release the source code, please make sure that the part of the program that deals with Admin Passwords requirements on PBEM's are not included. We don't need this fantastic tool being misused....

E_T
              Worship the Comic here!

Comment

• My registry is set up like this...

[Infograms Interactive] containing 5 folders

Civilization III
                Civilization III Play the world
                Civilization III - Play the world v1.04f (empty)
                Civilization III - Play the world v1.27f (empty)
                Civilization III v1.29f (empty)

Civilization III Play the world contains proper informations. The good install_path.

I also have a folder [Inforgrams] alone containing a folder Civ3PTW and it is empty. I have added into it a keyreg Install_Path with the exact path and still it doesn't work. When I open the C3MT, it points to the Civ3 and not Civ3PTW and when I open a Civ3PTW file, it says "NOT A CIV3 TYPE".

followed by a sbuscript error bla bla bla...

Can you help me with this?
                hmmm! I found out myself the error I think... maybe! There was an \ at the bottom of the path string into the registry. I removed it and it works a bit better. The default directory is the good one and I can load and save some savefiles.

However, I do have errors when I do an export map or when I do some filters either in city screen or unit screen.

I have the same errors with version 1-11-5, 1-11-6 and 1-11-7. However, I have no errors when I use version 1-10.

Again, maybe there is something else in my registry that is missing or miss spelled but, I can't see.

The error msg are:
                Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in C3MT::SAVE_Map_Tile.cls Line 220
                Error: Object variable or With block variable not set (91) in C3MT::SAVE_Map_Tile.cls Line 220
                Last edited by Benzlys; August 1, 2005, 00:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by E_T

If you do, at some time in the future, decide to release the source code, please make sure that the part of the program that deals with Admin Passwords requirements on PBEM's are not included. We don't need this fantastic tool being misused....

E_T
                  I'll probably never release the source for this tool. It countains too mush information on the save file format. It would make it possible for a new era of cheaters to rise, bot in SP tournaments and MP.

If I stop developing this tool it will just stay dead unless I find someone trustworthy to pass the source on to.

Comment

• strange error with C3MT

I have a new pc and have been wanting to use the C3MT on it but I can't...well not the feature I'm wanting to use the most anyway. Now C3MT worked fine on my other pc.

I'm using the Save Game Editor. When I load a saved game I get an error box saying this;

LinkedScenario System - Error

Error: Invalid property array index (381) in C3MT::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 2968

Abort - Retry - Ignore
                    ----------------------------------------------------------
                    It keeps coming back if I click anything other than Abort. Once I click Abort I get a new error window saying this;

LinkedScenario System - Error

Error: (0) in ::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 0

Abort - Retry - Ignore
                    ----------------------------------------------------------

When I click Abort it takes me to the Save Game Editor like it should. The only thing I see that isn't working is the area for Unit Statistics (global). And that's what I'm wanting to use the most.

Please help. If this is discussed on a forum already and I missed, I am sorry. I'm new to this site. I used cntrl F to search thru threads before posting.

Comment

• i've seen this some times when using filters. happens in several games.
                      however, it works if you first time use "retry" then later "ignore" it works without crashing
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• No it gives me the errors when I first load a saved game into the SG Editor. I can only get rid of the error box by clicking Abort. Though, if I click on anything under the Filters then it gives me the error boxes that go away by clicking Retry and then Ignore like you suggested.

What I'm after is the Unit Statistics (global) section so I can increase movement rate and stuff for the unit types. Right now it's not allowing me to even click on that section.

Something I thought of...my old pc uses Windows XP and my new one uses Windows XP Media Edition. Could this be the problem?

Comment

• I get the following errors, in the order specified, I abort each time.

Error: Invalid Property array index (380) in C3MT::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 2951

Error: Invalid Property array index (381) in C3MT::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 2968

Error: (0) in ::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 0

Comment

• Hi Gramphos,

I've installed 1.11.7 and got some errors with the SGE when reading SAV files from CivIII 1.29f (german Win98SE). The error messages appear in german and translate to something like:

Invalid index for property (381) in C3MT::frmSaveEdit.frm Line 2968

(probably the same as Nitronic get)

I have installed exactly the Comct232 CAB that you recommended earlier in this thread but left the other OCX files untouched (since mine are newer and I don't want to break anything in my system).

However, the files do load eventually but the modified SAV files are corrupt i.e., Civ refuses to open them. Anything I can do about it?

Thanks, -DocBrown

Comment

• Don't think you can do anything about it. I belive I've fixed most of these errors in my working code, but I haven't found the time to make the final step to release a new version yet. I'm quite full booked into October.

Comment

- Updated Unit order part of the Rules organizer to allow movement directly to a spot.
                                - Updated unit list in the rules organizer to show unit icons.
                                - Fixed an ignorable "Invalid property value" error on saveload.
                                - Fixed a non-error error report to not appear on saveload.
                                - Fixed unit addition in C3C to not result in three ! appended to the XP, and unit listed in red on right-click.
                                - Fixed bug with some references not updating correctly when using the rules organizer.
                                - C3MT now honors a second registrykey for finding the PTW install directory, if the first fails to be identified.
                                - Eliminated last use of old internal BIC-section tracking
                                - Corrected serialization order of flavors in save-embeded rules.
                                - Changed several error-report-functions related to save loading to use a better error report system.
                                - Added several userdefined errors for improved error reporting on load errors.
                                - C3MT now trule honors the grouping of scenarios into rules and map required by Civ3. (Earlier it was sometimes

possible to get scenarios missing a required section due to it being empty)
                                - Fixed two non-error errors on apply filter
                                - Fixed non-error error on going back to diplomacy overview from a deal view.
                                - Fixed non-error error on batch delete
                                - Fixed non-error error on city delete
                                - Fixed non-error error on citizen addition
                                - Updated all error-handling in the SGE to follow the new system, which gives a lot more useful error messages.
                                - The main menu can now be navigated with the keyboard. (Up/Down-arrows and enter)
                                - The multitool now remembers the last used tool and have it marked in the main menu on startup
                                - Main menu can be terminated with Alt+F4
                                - About window can be closed with Return in addition to clicking in the window
                                - Updated revision version enumeration system
                                - Added option to not list dead civilizations
                                - Added more log output to save loading, including savefile version and information on the rules used to read the

save.
                                - Added Rules Organizer to the main menu
                                - Added ability to load rules from within the rules organizer, when not started via the CopyTool.
                                - Rules organizer follows new error handling and reporting scheme

ready at first post

Comment

Working...
                                X