Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you might want to try the more stable v1.10, which has a higher chance of working for pre-c3c saves.

The v1.11 branch still has many flaws, and I might add that there is no other sge that works with games post Civ3 v1.17f
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Why don't you write your own?

Comment

• And one more thing. I'm writing this utility for fre on my spare time, and it states that it is completely unsupported, and that I might give up development any time. So you demanding tech support in five minites is insane.

Comment

• I'm getting on this error:

Run Time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set
          I've found one reson for these errors (a typo in the source code). The error is affecting load of vanilla Civ3 saves form path level 1.21f and above.
          The bug is present in C3MT v1.11.x where x <= 3

What can I do to makeit work?

Wait out the next version of C3MT that will have the bug fixed, or go back to v1.10

Comment

• I have tried the SGE from v 1.02, v 1.10 and v 1.11.3. All i wish to do is open a game and change the rules, to disable winning by culture, and save it again.

I am playing vanilla civ3 v. 1.29

for v1.02 & 1.10, the same problem occurs:

When i have succesfully loaded the game(s) (i have tried with more than one save) and unchecked the checkbox for allowing a cultural victory, i then try to save the game and the program crashes. There is nothing in the log to explain this. i have tried to upgrade to the latest vb 5 & 6 runtimes and it doesn't change anything.

With v 1.11.3 i cannot even load the game, i just get tons of error messages when i try to load the game, and have about a 100 checkboxes to click "ok" on before i can even quit it.

I have managed to make v 1.02 & 1.10 work once or twice, so my guess is that the crash in the first two versions has to do with the bugfix in 1.11.1 regarding outposts.

Any chance you could either:

a) release a v1.10.1 with a fix for the outpost crash or
            b) make the 1.11.x line actually work with vanilla games?

i play mainly on huge maps with max number of civs, and there is always an outpost somewhere, which, atm, renders your SGE completely useless to me I'm afraid, and its a shame because, the few rare times i have made it work, it has rocked my world.

thx in advance, and keep up the great work!

Comment

• complete idiots guide to gratitude

Gramphos,
              Know that there are still some of us that really appreciate the work you do in supporting us gamers.
              KATN

Comment

• hi gramphos..

I am trying use the multi tool and well ive got the latest version and whenever I try to load a save.. it crashes on me. Like it feezes. Im running conquests fully patched on XP Pro... didnt seem to be having a problem till I updated conquests... any help?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheOneEyedJack
                  I mean I've waited a whole five minutes here. I'm just givin ya ****
                  Originally posted by Gramphos
                  And one more thing. I'm writing this utility for fre on my spare time, and it states that it is completely unsupported, and that I might give up development any time. So you demanding tech support in five minites is insane.
                  Um...you do realize this guy was joking, right?

The whole, "I'm just giving you sh*t" remark makes it a rather dead give away.

Comment

• hiya gramphos

i've finally started my long-intended project of a savegame-analyser. it's not intended to be any competition to your tool and is in no way as good as yours... i'm merely doing it to get into c#/.net.

anyhow, i have noticed that it is really annoying to deal with all the binary IO streams and all nice functionalities which exist for strings (such as searching for a pattern, replaceing, etc) are inexistant.

so i wanted to ask you if you know of any library or better even, a .NET assembly, that can be used for precisely this purpose so i don't need to implement all this stuff on my own. ideally it's in c# and opensource, but a blackbox dll would suffice too...

anyhow, once again great work with your tool and especially with figuring out the SAV file format! all the culture border growths, capturings, etc, must have taken ages to find! well done
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Another odd bug report -editing the save from the "new alliances" Conquest makes my workers take 3x the time to do anything. The attached zip includes both before (suffix AD.sav) and after editing (all I changed was what Portugal was researching).

Comment

• Oops. Really attaching this time.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I keep getting an Error while attempting to load a Saved Game.

Error while listing races: Object Variable or With block variable not set.

What can I do to get this fixed?

Comment

• I'm running Civiliization 3 v.1.29, I can't get Civ3MultiTool to run.

At first I don't recall which version I had of Civ3MultiTool and I could edit my saved games but when I would go to load them it woud load about 28% and then say illegal function and shut down, so I upgrade to the latest updated version of Civ3MultiTool kept coming up run error 538 it when I would try to run it, so I uninstalled Civ3MultiTool and installed Civ3MultiTool v. 110 and it won't load my saved for I can edit them.

Comment

• getting the crash with any attempt to "edit filter"

also, for saving games.

Comment

• Howdy,

I am experiencing difficulty with the savegame editor. Every time I try to edit my civilization Rome, the editor crashes and says:

Run-time error '11':

Division by zero

I did the ocx updates, and installed the latest version of c3mt

Any ideas?

Thanks much

Comment

Working...
                                X