Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just email it to me.

THe code for handling BIQ files is completely rewritten from v1.10, and was based on the laterst version of the BIQs mening that I've not tested it with older versions. Therefore I need your BIQ to be able to correct the routine to handle it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

- Corrected save problem with PTW 1.21 saves.
      - Improved support for loading PBEM saves (if you have the admin password)
      - Fixed bug with C3MT not saving saves with outposts correctly
      - Corrected a popup string mixup
      - Added override support to Image2Map
      - Updated full english language file

Comment

• thanks for the update Gramphos

i was wondering about the new tool, image2map. is there any help on that tool? i just get crashes when i do create paltte from a random generated c3c map biq file. the option to make an image from a scenario is that to make palettes too? the best i get with that is a completely black pcx file. i did manage to load an image i used once with the bmp2bic program, though the map it produced was completely wrong.

also, about the savegame modifier tool: in the diplomacy tab how does the "refuse contact for X turns" and the "renegotiable from" fields work?

Comment

• refuse contact for X turns is the number of turns from the current turn, when at war, the civs wan't speach to each other.

The "renegotiable from" field is the tun when you can break a deal without causing war. (default 20 turns after the deal is closed if it is a per turn based deal)

The Image2Map toll works for me. You will need to create a palette at first using the default rules (conquests.biq) for C3C.

Comment

• The Image2Map is at a very early and undeveloped state. I've sucessfullu used it for resizing maps and some other changes. It is important that the pcx images are 256 color images, and that they use the colors of the palette created.

I have ideas for improved functionality, but it's not in any way at high priority. You may try to use the attached palettes, that I've created using the create palette functioality.

extract them to a folder named "Palettes" in the same directory as C3MT and they shall be used as default palettes.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Gramphos

This may seem like a stupid quesiton, but email the BIQ to you how? I don't see any way to attach files on the forum email

Comment

• send it to c3mt(at)civ3files.apolyton.net

Comment

• if I use a save with custom rules, does it disable the 'refuse contact for x turns' and the 'renegotiable in' features? because i'm not able to get those two features to work.

once with a vanilla civ scenario save, i was able to create deals with turn lengths. now, with a c3c (1.22) save, clicking in that field brings up a dialog box with the game's time unit and the expiration of the deal that i have to set. when i click ok, it doesnt update in the main SGE window (the turn displayed remains the same), and even if i save the file (in case the save did get updated), the deal is renegotiated the next turn.

and the refuse contact value doesnt save itself if i change to another civ in the civ drop down menu. if i just enter a value, save, load in civ3, the other civ in the game is in fact at war (as it should be), although it enters diplomacy. war weariness points is saved though

Comment

• There is a bug with refuse contact. It does update for the civ before the selected civ (And if you have barbs selected the tool will crash)

Comment

• All date editing is broken in the new version.

Comment

- Corrected error in saving of prototypes
                        - The unit icons displayed in the copytool are now loaded from the scenario search path
                        - Corrected update bug with "Refuse contact for X turns"
                        - Fixed bug with dates not updating correctly after edit.

Comment

• thats some fast fixing!

the refuse contact and diplomacy editing works good now

look at these insanely long deals:
                          Attached Files

Comment

• um??does this work??? im having trouble downloading the new version of the multi tool??? can some one help me??

Comment

• it should work. What problems do you have?

Comment

• I don't know if this has been mentioned before and whether this is just a specific bug, but when I reassign cities to different civs, those cities still contain the units from the original civ inside them is there any way around this without finding the units on the other section of your tool and deleting/reassigning them?
                                Also I found that if you reassign a destroyed civ a city then they do not appear back on the histograph (or at least didn't in my case)
                                Is there any way when selecting techs to tick multiple boxes at once rather than having to tick each one individually? same goes with units and reassigning, it'd save loads of time

Well I'll stop now lol, you're tool is great and I really enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                                X