Multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer

I was wondering if the conquests will be playable multiplayer. I realize some have more than 8 civs (right?) so can we play those?

I want to set up a PBEM game using the conquest scenarios. Is this possible?

Less than a week to go.

I was told that you could play the Conquests multiplayer but the some of the civs over 8 would not be in the game.

Comment

How will this affect the conquests? If there are supposed to be 18 civs I suspect only 8 players will throw things off.

How many civs are in each of the 9 conquests?

Comment

18 in Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun, but 8 in the MP version (mentioned a long time ago, when the original Gamespot screens came out).

I don't know what they will do, but apparently there are special MP versions to deal with the player limit.
        Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

According to the feature list thread there will be the following number of civs in the following scenarios:

Mesopotamia: 6*
          Fall of Rome: 10*
          Middle Ages: (14) read this number in a review
          Mesoamerica: 6*
          Age of Discovery: 9
          Sengoku: 18*
          Napoleonic Europe: ?
          War in the Pacific: 5

* Civilizations marked with * only exist in this scenario and are not full fledged Civilization for regular games.

Is it possible to play one of these other Civs in MP? These scenarios seem more focused on the SP aspect.

Comment

I would hope they are editible so that you can play the one you one in MP.

Comment

if you play MP with 8 civs, will the AI play the other civs, or will they disapear altogether?
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

If it is like PTW it will be 8 players max even with AI. I hope they have changed it but I don't think so.

Comment

I'm hoping that they changed the second, or at the very least have the civs that only AI can play on MP versions of Conquests not count against the 8 limit.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Apparently no one knows or are keeping quiet. Guess I'll find out Tuesday. I hope the editor is robust so we'll see some 8 player MP conquests come out.

Comment

All the conquests were tested in MP, some play better than others. I don't remember there being more than 8 players (human and AI) in any game. The civs that were AI only in the SP version were available for human play in the MP version.

I am surprised there hasn't been much mention of the three introducion scenarios. These are used to introduce the nerw civs, traits and game concepts. The three intro scenarios are very playable in MP and make rather good games.
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                      X