Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuie
    Here are the juicy parts:

[17:39] Has the UN been changed at all (other than the tourism boost)?

[17:45] Has the UN been changed at all (other than the tourism boost)??

[/juicy parts]

I love being ignored.
    I guess I could stop ignoring you now But no, there are no changes to the UN

Comment

Originally posted by Merepatra
      I guess I could stop ignoring you now But no, there are no changes to the UN
      Thank you , Mere. Even if the answer is not to my liking, it is appreciated.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

...aaaaaaand still ignored....How about the AI AI
        I think Gobi presented a pretty good outline of a number of AI changes and improvements. Should all be found in the logs

See your not ignored.

Comment

My apologies for not making it to the release party. My health has been greatly affecting my schedule...

A big thanks to Mark and Dan for the support. Also to the fans, the AI will have some surprises in store for you - My personal favorite challenges:

*Demi-God or higher Diplomatic Victory on Pangea
          *Demi-God or higher Conquest Win on Archi map Most Aggressive
          * Monarch or higher Most Aggressive Pangea Huge Map
          * Sid Small Map Pangea Culture Victory

They can get really exciting =)

Have fun with the game and thanks again for all of the support!

Jesse

Comment

Thanks for the tought Jesse

here are two snips from Gobi, aka Ed Beach, Producer at BreakAway Games for C3C

[16:22] [+Gobi] So here are some examples of how we changed things for MP
            [16:23] [+Gobi] 1: All MP scenarios have accellerated production on
            [16:23] [+Gobi] 2: In Napoleonic Europe, England's allies (Netherlands, Portugal, etc.) are just represented by English units
            [16:24] [+Gobi] 2: That gets us under 8 civs total in the game
            [16:24] [+Gobi] 3: For Sengoku/Feudal Japan, we even reduced the size of the playing map to make it more appropriate for 8 players
            [16:25] [+Gobi] 4: Middle Ages was the toughest to adjust for MP. There we combined civs so the Danish/Norwegians are combined, as are the Swedish and Rus
            [16:26] [+Gobi] 5: It is a easy toggle-button to switch in the editor if you want to change it.
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

[+Gobi] I think there are several major changes to the Modern Age
              [+Gobi] 1: Ships are faster and a bit more potent
              [+Gobi] 2: Planes are a lot more effective, many with lethal bombardment now
              [+Gobi] 3: There are new anti-aircraft units (first Flak, later mobile SAM)
              [+Gobi] 4: And there is TOW infantry to provide cheaper infantry when you don't have rubber or other resources
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

"I told you so".
                True, you knew more about the Release than Infrogrames OR Firaxis.
                Last edited by GhengisFarb™; November 5, 2003, 07:19.

Comment

phew

Clean log:

(Not just the juicy bits, but a lot of cr*p removed )

Call it easier-to- read- log.
                  Attached Files
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I found it interesting that flak cannons and SAMs will cover the tile they're on only. I guess that's a good idea, afterall in RL you need tons a SAM launchers to cover any sort of territory. At least now we can park a flak/sam on top of a resource instead of having fighter cover.
                    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Many thanks for providing a 'clean' log, alva!
                      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

(While waiting for shipping of Conquests)

I'm wondering if some of the MP conquests can be played in SP mode?

Particlarly, the Japanese one? I'm thinking 18 civs is a bit much for my computer.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Sure they can, just load them as scenarios.
                          Seemingly Benign
                          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5
                            I found it interesting that flak cannons and SAMs will cover the tile they're on only. I guess that's a good idea, afterall in RL you need tons a SAM launchers to cover any sort of territory. At least now we can park a flak/sam on top of a resource instead of having fighter cover.
                            hi ,

well AA alone aint good enough , a mix of both is a real killer

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Let's do another party, now that we have the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                                Let's do another party, now that we have the game.

hi ,

we should wait till the rest of the world has it also , lets say in about ten days or so , .....

have a nice day
                                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                                X