Creation Question for Firaxis Re: Civ3:Conquests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation Question for Firaxis Re: Civ3:Conquests

I have a question for anyone from Firaxis or BA games in regards to the C3:C editor functions.
    What I want to do for my mod is create a number of Small Wonders which have the 'Counts as Imrpovement X' in every city, 'Counts as Improvement X in Every city on Same Continent' or 'Doubles Happiness effect of...' flags which are currently available only for Great Wonders. What I want to know is, will all of these flags, and Obsolesence, be available for Small Wonders in the C3:C editor?
    Any answers you can give me would be VERY much appreciated !!!
    Also may I also say that, judging from the Designer Diaries I've read so far, C3:C sounds like it's gonna be absolutely BRILLIANT, for both Scenario and Epic Game Players !! Based on how great it certainly seems to look, I'm already looking forward to your NEXT XP !!!

Yours,
    The_Aussie_Lurker.

AFAIK obsolescence at least will be available for all improvements.

-Oz
    ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias
      AFAIK obsolescence at least will be available for all improvements.
      Does the improvement simply disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Does the improvement simply disappear?
        I imagine it will be like expired wonders are now ... ?
        ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

i think so. So even after the wonder is expired, you still gain the culture and whatnot

- GIDustin
          Units, Leaderheads, Maps, Title Screens, Terrain Mods and Wonder Splashes available at My Web Site ( Alt URL - http://www.civ3files.com ).

Unofficial City View Site:
          http://www.civ3files.com/CityView/

Comment

It would be good if expired buildings not generating any culture being sold, but culturegenerating buildings should still generate culture.

That way one could make the barracks work as in Civ1 and Civ2
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

IIRC currently gov-specific improvements generating culture disappear when govs change & non-culture improvements don't ... ? Can anyone verify this? (I.e., unless your Nazi-specific auto-panzer producing factory is culture-generating, and the Soviets capture it -- Soviet Panthers?!?)

Thx,

Oz

Comment

IIRC currently gov-specific improvements generating culture disappear when govs change & non-culture improvements don't ... ? Can anyone verify this? (I.e., unless your Nazi-specific auto-panzer producing factory is culture-generating, and the Soviets capture it -- Soviet Panthers?!?)

Thx,

Oz
                No, all gov specific buildings disappear when you switch. However, there are certain wonder effects that are still active even though the building is no longer in the city list. This won't effect normal structures though, only some Wonders. Normal improvements are gone until you go back to that gov form.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

No, all gov specific buildings disappear when you switch. However, there are certain wonder effects that are still active even though the building is no longer in the city list. This won't effect normal structures though, only some Wonders. Normal improvements are gone until you go back to that gov form.
                  Thank you for clearing that up! Do you happen to know what the specific lingering effects of Wonders are or where documentation on the subject can be found?

Many Thanks,

Oz

Comment

I haven't played around with government-dependent structures yet. When you say they are gone until you go back to that government, do you just mean you can build them, or do previously-built improvements magically reappear?
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up! Do you happen to know what the specific lingering effects of Wonders are or where documentation on the subject can be found?

Many Thanks,

Oz
                      It looks like anything besides a wonder that creates a building still works after a gov change. I know that Reduces Corruption does for sure, as does Allows Armies without Leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                        I haven't played around with government-dependent structures yet. When you say they are gone until you go back to that government, do you just mean you can build them, or do previously-built improvements magically reappear?
                        No, you can't even build them.

PS Sorry, I misunderstood you. Yes they do magically reappear when you switch back to that government form. The buildings are always there, you just don't see them in your city list, and they have no effect. Except for some of the Wonders as I mentioned.
                        Last edited by Willem; October 28, 2003, 22:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                          It would be good if expired buildings not generating any culture being sold, but culturegenerating buildings should still generate culture.

That way one could make the barracks work as in Civ1 and Civ2
                          I hadn't thought of that, but that's a great idea. I remember, way back someone said they hoped they gave Civ3 the ability to essentially "be" civ2.

Comment

Working...
                          X