Question about map generation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about map generation.

When I start a new game on Civilization III with a randomly created map, I usually spend about a half hour or even more before finding a map I am happy with.

My question is this -- in which textfile can I maniuplate the variables that the program uses in generating maps so I can decrease the odds of say for example, a sea of jungle or a sea of desert??

Sometimes, I think the map generator creates too large of areas of mono-geographical regions of jungles, deserts, or mountains -- which are POOR starting areas.

Thank you for any help.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

The terrain generation procedure can not be changed as far as I know.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Just use a different climate for the planet to increase or decrease jungles. If you really want to reduce that stuff, use the editor. Have it gen a map and then change the parts you do not like.
      If you want to avoid knowing the map, then make a bunch of them and play them later. By then you should have forgotten. In fact if you make several at one sitting, it should be hard to keep straight anyway.

Comment

Well the problem with using the climate adjuster, is that it will increase deserts while decreasing jungle.

Also, it usually takes me a few days to create a map. But if there is no textfile for me to manipulate, I could just generate a random map, and then edit it for future games.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
        X