SCENARIO: Capital Conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCENARIO: Capital Conquest

This isn't a scenario per se, but rather a tweak of sorts to allow for the surrender of nations upon the conquest of their capital city. If someone already did this, I'm not aware of it. I'm in the process of creating a modern era scenario loosely inspired by the Avalon Hill Blitzkrieg boardgame, and I wanted capital city conquest victory conditions in that. So in the process, I made this victory condition applicable to random games. I'm actually having a lot of fun with that, so I decided to post it in case anyone else might enjoy it.

The game uses the regicide rule, and all of the national leaders have been rendered immobile to represent the government within the capital city. This makes defending your capital city (or at least your first city, but you might as well make it your capital) extremely important. I recommend that you build your capital city in your starting square to best protect your king. The capture-the-princess rule is also in effect, so when you conquer a nation by taking its capital city, you can also transport the "princess" back to your capital for 10,000 Victory Points, which represent the political gain you get when you conquer a nation. The Victory Point Locations are also in effect. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements, make them and post your file here!

Attached Files
Working...
X