Vikings: the greates military Civ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
    so the Berzerkers do have that 25% attack bonus?

if so, I'll mod them right away to make them weaker, cause it seems quite unbalancing.
    Why not try the game as is first...? They have been play-testing the thing, you know, and I'm sure they had balance in mind while doing so.

Originally posted by Wittlich
    However, WarpStorm's link to CF indicates that only the following civs will have seafaring as a trait:
    Loulong's list only contains changes that have appeared in previews. For instance, the English being Commercial/Seafaring is included in his info. The Viking traits, on the other hand, are still speculation.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: Vikings: the greates military Civ ?

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Actually, I'm expecting them to be Hairy and Irritable......

Gunter

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
        so the Berzerkers do have that 25% attack bonus?

if so, I'll mod them right away to make them weaker, cause it seems quite unbalancing.
        Not if you take their shield cost into account.

Comment

What is 25% of 6? Do they round up or down?
          Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
            What is 25% of 6? Do they round up or down?
            I haven't seen evidence of defense combat values being rounded, so why would attack values?

Comment

So Berzerkers doing an Amphibious asault would have something like 7.5?
              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
                So Berzerkers doing an Amphibious asault would have something like 7.5?
                Better on the attack than modern infantry

They have big axes right??

* statuperfect imagines the brits doing the D-day assault high on mushrooms swinging poleaxes

Comment

Berserkers would be only 75% as good as marines. Marines are also available to anyone (when the timing is right).

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect

Better on the attack than modern infantry

They have big axes right??

* statuperfect imagines the brits doing the D-day assault high on mushrooms swinging poleaxes
                    So thats why the world wars dragged on. We should have used big axes! Please tell me there isnt a huge imbalance like that in the game
                    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Vikings are good on offense. Real good. On a map where navies are useful, they are awesome on offense. They are also expensive and stink on defense. They can take an area but they can't hold it by themselves.
                      Seemingly Benign
                      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                      X