No announcement yet.

Change in Release Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some extra buggtracking never hurts. I guess we never will se some bugs, but they will add others for aus You remove two bugs (or some other number) and add one (or any other number here as well ) new. That's how debugging works.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I am not against them doing what they think is best, only saying that we have not had a gone gold announcement, so any talk of getting C3C in days makes no sense.

Comment

Making a game like Civ is not an easy task, I'm glad most of the posts here encourage patience.

Comment

I'm glad to hear of the 11/4 release date; that gives me more time to actually do some work.
          "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

I can even remember the last time a game product was actually released on the first proposed date. A one week delay seems like just about the bare minimum.

Comment

Civ3 came out "on time", and then we had to wait until the following April (or was it May...) for the game to be playable. I remember playing it for about two weeks when it came out and finally thinking "is that it", and putting it away. Then I came back when 1.17f was released and discovered there was actually a game there.

So I hope they take their time and get it right on the first pass this time.

Then again, if C3C is broken (which I highly doubt) I can always uninstall it and keep playing PTW 1.27f until C3C gets patched.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

You probably won't have to uninstal it to play ptw as it will most likely be a new exe to play conquests.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                  Civ3 came out "on time", and then we had to wait until the following April (or was it May...) for the game to be playable. I remember playing it for about two weeks when it came out and finally thinking "is that it", and putting it away. Then I came back when 1.17f was released and discovered there was actually a game there.
                  Same here,in addittion I added some graphic / units mods.

Nowdays a game such a strategy one never is really good on first 6 months of life or it needs at least 3/4 patches.

Gunter

Comment

new release date not yet announced

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    Jeff made it sound like they are not so close as to do a "gone gold" this week. He seems to be saying that they have the things lined up to get it from gold to store in a very short time. It usually takes two or more weeks.
                    Hi gang,

No official news on release date yet, either in the U.S. or the Rest of World, except to say that we have not gone gold yet. Let's just say that we've saved everyone the trouble of some patches.

Let me also say that from the beginning of this project we were determined to avoid the get-it-out-now situation that occurred with Play the World. And every time we receive a new candidate it resets the clock on our final Quality Assurance team's checklist before we can certify the release.

From a marketing perspective, that's made my job harder -- you may not see us advertised in circulars or in premium placements in the stores so that people know we've shipped, because those have to be bought from the retailers well in advance -- and we're fighting to keep on shelves at some retailers (someone mentioned that we have to rent space in stores -- that's not quite true but there's definitely a lot of horse-trading involved). In the end, you will see a solid release that we at Atari, Firaxis, and Breakaway are all very proud of.

Best,
                    Jeff Foley
                    Atari

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Congrats to Firaxis and Infogrames for pushing back the release date

At last, there seems to be a commitment to favor quality over schedule. I hope you guys will restore Civ's reputation with Conquests
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Jeff, just to be sure that there is no confusion, I have no problem with a delay. I am only pointing out to people, that any talk of a date needs to consider that you need a gold version first. Then you need some time to get it on the shelves. How much time is a question of ho one does business, but most will take at least two weeks, not all though.
                          I have already paid in full, so I am good to go.

Comment

Comment

I believe every forumers is happy to listen that the release date is slipped a bit in order to have a stronger product,anyway please be ready to release a comprehensive patch more or less after 1 month and another one after 2 month after the release because for sure some bugs / anomalie will surface and if you are subito ready to listen to expert forumers ( not me ) in order to subito produce 2 patches the game will be the game of year for sure.

Let us know about your disposal to do so

Thanks

Gunter

Comment

they say 2003-10-31 at the site i check release dates but i bet that will change
                                Kermit the frog

Comment

Working...
                                X