The fascism screenshot says nothing about increased production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fascism screenshot says nothing about increased production

It says: Workers have a 200% rate. I have seen nothing thay says unit production is increased. If that's true, the increased rate compensates for the potential workers that are wiped out by the pop loss. The other features make it less useful than Communism.

why would unit production be increased?

I always believed it was the worker rate that was up.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Where did anyone state that unitproduction would be increased?

I've never seen anything indicating that.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

All I remember hearing about possitive stuff in Facism is much more unit support, Faster workers, and a good corruption killer (But not as good as Old Democracy or New Communism).
        Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
          All I remember hearing about possitive stuff in Facism is much more unit support, Faster workers, and a good corruption killer (But not as good as Old Democracy or New Communism).
          Sounds worse than Communism to me.

Comment

Lots and lots of free units.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

10 free units per metropolis.

Workers work faster

No War Weariness

But Cities don't produce culture until you have the population majority and you loose pop when you switch to the government (captured cities loose pop as well)

Comment

My strategy is to swicth to Republic early, keep my units/city ratio pretty low by disbanding to build courthouses etc. I've used Communism late in the game only when war weariness hits. Seems to work well even at Diety, so I won't be using fascism much.

Comment

They need to make Democracy worse for warmongering or else there's never any reason to switch. I upped the unit support to 3 gold per unit for Democracy, but it's still way too easy to warmonger away for turn after turn using Democracy. Without any incentive to switch, I won't, especially if I'm playing a non-Religious Civ.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Is the worker action really that important? If you get fascism at about the ssame time as communism most of your country is (should be!!! ) railroaded/mined etc.

Comment

It will speed up the clearing of pollution

Comment

Originally posted by Vlado
                        Is the worker action really that important? If you get fascism at about the ssame time as communism most of your country is (should be!!! ) railroaded/mined etc.
                        As you "liberate" poor countries without coal/iron access (and therefore no rails), ... or rebuilding from pillaged land of others (they being not so "poor"), ... or (as already mentioned) pollution clean-up.

IOW, if there is an "advantage", I will find a use for it!

Comment

Main use of double speed workers will almost certiantely be instant-railing to the front lines.

Double speed workers + Replacement Parts is bound to equal 1 normal worker turn needed to upgrade a road to a rail.
                          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                          Templar Science Minister
                          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                          X