• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UGO.com Civ3 Conquests Mini-Site

Jeff of Atari has posted this:

UGO Civ Conquests minisite
    Hey folks,

Just thought I'd point out that Underground Online (www.ugo.com) has created a Civ 3 Conquests minisite complete with an interactive timeline and a sweepstakes.

The fact that no one here has caught it suggests that we (Atari) did a good thing by approaching UGO about this -- it means that we're reaching people outside our most active fanbases (such as CivFanatics) with information about the expansion pack. Nevertheless, I didn't want the folks here to go without seeing the coverage.

Enjoy!

Jeff Foley
    Atari

Hey folks, Just thought I'd point out that Underground Online (www.ugo.com) has created a Civ 3 Conquests minisite complete with an interactive timeline and a sweepstakes. The fact that no one here has caught it suggests that we (Atari) did a good thing by approaching UGO about this -- it...

Direct link:

Pretty cool. I see Babylon is now Agricultural.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
      Pretty cool. I see Babylon is now Agricultural.
      Don't believe everything you read there are a few things in that article that aren't quite right. Babylon hasn't changed traits for one.
      Last edited by Merepatra; October 7, 2003, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Merepatra

Don't believe everything you read there are a few things in that article that aren't quite right. Babylon hasn't changed traits for one.
        What. They lie to us?

Or is it a glitch in the matrix?

A conpiracy?

They are coming for us....

Comment

I noticed a bunch of inconsistancies with other articles when reading it, and its good that Merepatra can clarify some.
          Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

The other things I noticed that weren't right were the statements that the Seafaring trait gets a curragh to start (they don't), and that Wonders are cheaper for those civs with associated traits (they aren't). Jeff from Atari has already said on CivFanatics he will be contacting them about getting those things changed.

The contest has some great prizes though, and there are some new graphics and hints to be found there if you look hard enough

Comment

This is the best sweepstakes ever:

10. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a television, telescope, massage chair, Civilization board game, copy of the book, Art of War by Sun Tzu, RC tank, monocle, calendar and a globe.

Comment

WHERE: Intended for play in the United States and the District of Columbia only. Void where prohibited by law.

once more, non-American players are given the finger. First the crap with the PTW copy protection, and thus us having to wait for the patches. Then the free pre-sell cd that's only available for Americans. And now a sweepstake, only intented for Americans.

Thanks Atari
                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Agree

I dont like this policy either. Other games like Warcraft III treat people same way, dont mather were they live.

I hope Conquests will be released in Europe quite soon after US release. I think thats the most important thing. Dont want to wait for extra months/weeks.

Comment

It could be UGO's policy and not Atari's (especially as it looks like a private info harvesting scheme).
                    Seemingly Benign
                    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I thought so too, Warp, but the disclaimers in the terms and conditions appear to implicate Atari as well.
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

One thing.

They used the Rome picture for the Middle Ages.
                        Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                        X