A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

Is it possible to somehow increase the city radius in which can be worked?

Is it possible to create special type of citizens which brings in food or shields rather then luxury/tax etc?

Is it possible to allow an extra shield or food or commerce in each square of a particular type of terrian depending on the government?

Is the editor the only way to edit scenarios? If not, does the obviously harder way allow more comprehensive possibilities? (like the above ones)

Would it be possible to create a unit which spreads propaganda?

And I've heard that it is impossible to change the 512 city limit. Why is this?

Thanks for any help! This site is great and the community is even better! Cheers!
    Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

no, probably not, pretty sure, yes, not sure, no idea.

not that that's helpful or anything... but it does answer the questions... someone else will prolly come along and give you reasons why/whynot...
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Re: A few questions

Originally posted by jordie
      Is it possible to somehow increase the city radius in which can be worked?
      No.

Is it possible to create special type of citizens which brings in food or shields rather then luxury/tax etc?
      With Conquests yes.

Is it possible to allow an extra shield or food or commerce in each square of a particular type of terrian depending on the government?
      Not sure, maybe with Conquests.

Is the editor the only way to edit scenarios? If not, does the obviously harder way allow more comprehensive possibilities? (like the above ones)
      To my knowledge yes. To date I don't think there have been many other options other than the edititor.

Would it be possible to create a unit which spreads propaganda?
      Not to my knowledge.

You can change the number of cities in the editor but there is still a hard coded limit due to the amount of memory the game would take up with the additon of more cities.

Comment

Re: A few questions

Conquests will be introducing a Civil Engineer that will increase the shield production of a city. That's it though.

Republic and Democracy now have an extra commerce on each square that has a road on it.

Believe me, 512 is alot of cities to have in the game. You have to have a very large map, 256 x 256, before you start running into that problem. You'll find that a few wars against the AI, who builds in ridiculous locations sometimes, will leave you with plenty of room to expand, if you raze/abandon some of the useless ones. Any more cities than that, and the game will really bog down.

Maybe when computers reach speeds of 10 ghz it might be feasible to have more, but not at this time though.

Comment

Ok, thank you all for your answers!
          Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

Comment

Working...
          X