Client States: Keep Using Your Imagination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client States: Keep Using Your Imagination

So, I guess no addition of client states as a game option in this incarnation of Civ. I'm really looking forward to C3C, don't get me wrong, but this is an idea long overdue. It will basically be impossible to truly emulate modern America in Civ, still, as the "core area" or "homeland" as we call it cannot be a Democracy while having overseas possessions be dictatorships.

The client states of history must be repsented. Troops of Civ_A should be able to station their troops in a city of Civ_B, take Civ_B's gold in exchange for "protection" or "liberation," etc.

And no IMF!

C3C looks great, but the modern era isn't just about cool new units; it's about cool new ways to manipulate the world. Hopefully, this concept will be integrated at some point.
    You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

you still can have vasal states, since civ3 vanilla days. just conquer most of your enemies cities, and make them your ***** by demanding money, resources, whatever.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

That's true, but a vassal and a client state are so very, very different. A vassal can eventually re-arm and strike back. A client state can rebel, but the rebellion can be crushed internally. It's the difference between the days of the Romans and the days of the Bretton Woods system.

Comment

It is kind of stange the way it currently functions. If I'm fighting the Mongols, my internal Mongol population gets all upset about the "aggression against their mother country" or whatever. But the minute I conquer their last city, they all switch to "We love the King!".

It would be interesting if they could somehow model what you're describing YS, but I think we're talking about Civ4 now.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
          It would be interesting if they could somehow model what you're describing YS, but I think we're talking about Civ4 now.
          Yes, I'm afraid you're right. I guess I'm just hoping that those clever men responsible for all the other cleverness we've seen evidence of in C3C would take this quite logical step. But it's probably difficult from a programming perspective and also a tad controversial.

Still - man! Wouldn't you love to control huge landmasses while suffering no unhappiness at home, because your citizens think you're not doing anything naughty whatsoever?

Comment

Re: Client States: Keep Using Your Imagination

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
            And no IMF!
            CTP Has Corporate Branches which would steal production. It was one of many game breakers. You'd have to make IMF abolitionists or an early victory condition to salvage it.

Comment

Working...
            X