unable to uninstal and then reinstall civ3 / play the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to uninstal and then reinstall civ3 / play the world

i have a very annoying problem , when i go to delete play the world in my add/remove programs and i am given the options of modify or reinstall or remove program none of the options in fact restores or removes the program from the add/remove programs list , nor can i start this game , i used a basic search files to see if something was still on my system but nothing came up , is there a program i can use ( or should use ) to dig into the sytem deeper and remove whatever is jamming the works up here ?

thanks in advance for any advice :-)

You should be able to use Regedit to remove all reference to PTW. I have used the uninstaller that comes with it many times and had no problem.

Comment

Look in your Program Files directory.

There will be a bidden folder anmed sometihng like InstallshielsInstallation Information.

It countains varius folders by names of exadecimal numbers in {}
      Check the setup.ini files in them and see which referes to anything civ3/ptw related (there should be one for ech patch and for the original installations)

Delete the directories that are civ3 related.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

One of the things in XP is the add/remove will remove the individual patches, so that is not a problem.
        I remove the patches, then PTW, then CivIII.

Comment

Oh, really? I'm getting a new computer soon and this stuff sounds really useful- care to talk about it some more?
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
          X