Edit goody hut goodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit goody hut goodies?

Is there a way to modify what the goody huts give?

I know what they give changes depending on game situations, but can you edit somewhere the choices? I'm working on a scenario where I want huts to give a particular unit or money, no techs, no settlers, none of that.

I have done a little searching in the archives, but have not found an answer.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give?
    Question Authority.......with mime...

I don't think you can do any of that.

You can however, change what resource will appear under the goody huts.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

I don't mean to be critical, but that is just stupid.

I know that certain events in the game determine a change in what might show up. Does anyone know the mechanics of that?

Comment

Re: Edit goody hut goodies?

Originally posted by wotan321
        I'm working on a scenario where I want huts to give a particular unit or money, no techs, no settlers, none of that.
        There's a couple of things you can do but it's limited. If you don't want Settlers to appear, go to the Units page in the editor and deselect Barbarian Chieftain from the list for that unit. Likewise, if you want only a certain unit to appear, deselect everything but that one unit you want.

If you go to General Settings you'll see an option for Goody Huts. However, you can only select a resource to appear when you recieve money, nothing else.

There's no control over the techs as far as I can tell.

Comment

Thanks, that does help.

Hopefully the Civ3 folks will fix this, since barbs and goody huts sure would be handy in building scenarios...IF we had some control over them.

Comment

Actually Settlers shouldn't be selected by default IIRC the units selected are the once that you can get from an friendly something has joined you, while settlers are given as nomads.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

On a side note, ever go and add Worker to the Barbarian available unit list?

He he he................................................ ........

Comment

Working...
              X