Attack Helicopter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack Helicopter

Is anyone else disappointed by the fact that there is no attack helicopter included in the new units?

I was hoping for something that was similar to the Civ II unit, i.e. that could fly over land and water yet was vulnerable to attack from land units.

It would be a great unit to have...
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

I have noticed that no such unit exsists but havent really carred that much planes and artilary can do just as good of a job.It would also complicate the game a lot because of the way planes are used now how would it work? would it be more like artillary or a plane?
      Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Attack helicopters are nothing but trouble.. give me an A-10 any day
        "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Agreed what about fighter bombers in the game?

Comment

I added Helos via mod into Civ3,but they had the limit that they were considered as land units,therefore no chances to fly over water.

They were Apaches,so cool indeed,but the original game or the editor should allow to have them flying over the water,with a limit.

Please insert them developers.

Gunter

Comment

ideally they would add another air mission called attack that allows the attacker to be destroyed from the ground. then the helo could be a short range attacker flying from an airbase.

Comment

Originally posted by spy14
                sounds like a whole lot of fun
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

You can remove the 'immobile' flag from air units so they can move around the map like other units (over land or sea). However, they cannot be attacked by land or sea units when in the open. When a land (or sea) unit tries to attack the air unit, it passes through the air unit instead. Unfortunately, the AI doesn't realize this and tries to attack the air unit anyway.

So, you can't make an 'attack helicopter' that is both an air unit and not immobile, because the AI won't know what to do against it. At least, not with the current restrictions in the AI and editor
                  "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by spy14
                    Gimme an Osprey, a high performance helicopter that can crash.

Comment

I really they would add a modern non stealth bomber such as the b-52 stealth bombers are hard to make in real life and we only use them when it is to risky to use other air craft. I would love to have an A-10 and a B-52.I herd about unit versions on another post so that might just slove my B-52 problem.

Comment

You can always add those planes yourself.

A10 Thunderbolt II Animation by BeBro:

As promised, but... Before you dl, a little warning - this unit is only tested in flicster, because yesterday I deleted some savegames, only to realize that I need them to test further jets :rolleyes: So today I had no savegame ready to test, and I hadn´t enough time to play Civ until I´m...

B52 Stratofortress Animation by Ripptide:

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Since it is impossible to make an attack chopper via the editor it would have probably required a significant change of code which was not something the designers of C3C were particularly thrilled about doing.

I agree it would have been an awsome unit, here's hoping for Civ IV
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba
                            Is anyone else disappointed by the fact that there is no attack helicopter included in the new units?

I was hoping for something that was similar to the Civ II unit, i.e. that could fly over land and water yet was vulnerable to attack from land units.
                            hi ,

its been asked a dozen times , ....

a light tank that would be able to be put under a heli like an LAV would also be welcome , ..... and as for all those units that get airlifted , they should be loaded first in a C-141 or a C-5 or so

extra special job planes like an awacs or tanker or tank-killer might also be welcome , .....

well who knows , next XP maybe , or even the editor

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X