Pbem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pbem

There were very few questions at the chat about multiplayer and I believe none at all about PBEM, neither have I read about this in the reviews.

One of the most annoying lack of features in PBEM is the fact that you can't see what has happened to your units and cities during the other players' (AI or human) turns. One can actually lose a city without noticing it, not to talk about units. I can accept that I lost a city/unit, but at least I'd like to know what happened? Was that a fight or a culture flip? How many enemies died during the attempt? Have I hurt them at least?

It has been asked by PBEM players for ages, yet no response yet: could civ include a replay capability for PBEM games, or at least an event log ? Please?! Pretty please ?!

Edit: typo
    Last edited by Tiberius; September 24, 2003, 13:33.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

It definitely needs sorting out.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I'd love to see a replay or log feature.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Also, another irritating "feature" of PBEM:

The game preferences are saved in the savegame, so I load other peoples preferences when loading a PBEM game. Very annoying
        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
        --George Bernard Shaw
        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
        --Woody Allen

Comment

Re: Pbem

Originally posted by Tiberius
          There were very few questions at the chat about multiplayer and I believe none at all about PBEM, neither have I read about this in the reviews.

One of the most annoying lack of features in PBEM is the fact that you can't see what has happened to your units and cities during the other players' (AI or human) turns. One can actually lose a city without noticing it, not to talk about units. I can accept that I lost a city/unit, but at least I'd like to know what happened? Was that a fight or a culture flip? How many enemies died during the attempt? Have I hurt them at least?

It has been asked by PBEM players for ages, yet no response yet: could civ include a replay capability for PBEM games, or at least an event log ? Please?! Pretty please ?!

Edit: typo
          IIRC, someone in another thread mentioned that you should be able to see the other players' moves now. A welcome addition if true.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

That would be awesome. I'm waiting for an official confirmation, though. Is this true or not?
            --George Bernard Shaw
            --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
              Also, another irritating "feature" of PBEM:

The game preferences are saved in the savegame, so I load other peoples preferences when loading a PBEM game. Very annoying
              I think there are certain .ini commands to avoid all that. I've been bugging the Breakaway staff for weeks for them to release a complete or partial list of the .ini commands, most of which are unknown to users yet are very powerful to customize the game.
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Thanks MZ

I know you can't disclose too much, but has been PBEM in any way enhanced?
                --George Bernard Shaw
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                X