No announcement yet.

Modern era overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the aircraft system in Civ3, IMHO, is much better than previous versions and SMAC. I always hated manually moving a plane tile by tile to a target (and of course you had to fly around things you didn't want to hit). The point and click action of Civ3 is much better.

That being the case, with this system your air defences protect particular points on the map. That's probably the only way they could do it without tremendous amounts of programming. And I think it makes some RL sense. When you're away from the target you can use various tricks to avoid detection. But when you attempt a final appraoch to the target is often when you will be most visible. So... it may not be entirely accurate, but it's rationalizable.
    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Yeah that makes sence and it is a much better systym then
      Ctp I always lost planse because i got mixed up with the fuel meter.
      Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5
        Well the aircraft system in Civ3, IMHO, is much better than previous versions and SMAC. I always hated manually moving a plane tile by tile to a target (and of course you had to fly around things you didn't want to hit). The point and click action of Civ3 is much better.
        Do you remember the best Civ2 air defense strategy?

Empy Air Fields (could even stop a Nuke ).
        Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Re: Modern era overhaul

Originally posted by statusperfect
          BtW.. what is TOW Infantry?
          i read somewhere it's a unit that can survive tank attacks without having resources... now i don't remember if it was "tanks" explicitly or maybe meaning MAs.?
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I was thinking it would be a little like the Anti-Tank in the teturkahan Senario. The anti-tank is just foot unit artilary and maby in conquests it would be better aginst tanks.
            Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
            X