Utility: Civ3 Interface Colorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utility: Civ3 Interface Colorer

hmmm.. couple months ago i hit on an idea to colorize Civ3 interface. i started to do that, but soon realized, that that kind of a mod would take about 20-30 megabytes (compressed)...
    i give up doing this, but at the same time i found out i could do a program to alter palettes... and so... this idea evolved and evolved and one day i went to this thread on CF forums. it encoured me to finish this program...

and here it is: Civ3 Interface Colorer... you can download it from files/utils section on c.o.p.
    there are two versions: with and w/o VB libraries. writing this program in Visual Basic was the easiest way..

in the archive you'll find these theme files: red, blue, green, purple and grey. i'm going to do yellow, too.
    but... i think everyone can make a new theme file and then dostribute it (details in readme-file)

i hope there'll be no problems with installation/using and i hope you'll enjoy it...
    ohh.. and it's compatible with Civ3 v1.29f, Ptw v1.27f & C3C v1.22

pic from the green theme:

pic from the blue theme:

(CG)Mendax
    Original, and this util is useless
    42.86%
    Blue
    9.52%
    Green
    4.76%
    Grey
    14.29%
    Purple
    0.00%
    Red
    4.76%
    I'm blind...
    23.81%
    Last edited by Mendax; April 11, 2004, 05:25.
    Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

...and the blue interface makes it into my mod.

Gonna mess around with the utility to make my own though. This is fun. You can change the whole game look in only a little work. This is great.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Hm... I think a golden Interface is still better.

Take a look.

Comment

huh... we had some several problems with our host-server, but right now everything is ok, so it isn't "forbidden" to download it now...

Caliban: how did you do your "golden iface"? by changing RGB for colors only or by changing whole pics?

(CG)Mendax

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

It seems to turn everything into black, instead of applying a new theme...
          Last edited by maciek; September 25, 2003, 19:28.
          Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

Well, I can't get it to work at all. Anyone help?

Edit: Here is the error message.

"File not found: D:\CivIII\Civ3PTW\Art\Tech Chooser\scienceNAV.pcx.

PTW may not be placed in the specified directory.

Applying theme file aborted."

Needless to say that PTW is indeed installed in the named dir and runs quite nicely, thank you! Since I don't really like the color of the interface I was hoping to use this but so far, no go.

Last edited by Xerxes2; October 1, 2003, 10:02.
            :D

Comment

maciek: could you be more specific? the title screen, or absolutely everything?
              which version of the Civ3 and PTW do you have? maybe a Mac? or maybe you've installed some different interface mods?

Xerxes2: first, check if the file exist. if not, you should copy "d:\civIII\Art\Tech Chooser\scienceNAV.pcx" into "d:\civIII\Civ3PTW\Art\Tech Chooser\sceinceNAV.pcx". this should resolve your problem...

(CG)Mendax

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

Using PTW 1.27f U.S. version on a PC, everything just went black... But don't worry about it, it'll be hard to debug.
                Last edited by maciek; October 3, 2003, 09:13.
                Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

Okay, thanks Mendax. I had to copy a couple other files but after I did that it (the program) came back and says "OK". I'll test after I finish reading the forums.
                  :D

Comment

I like the original the best.
                    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

I'm afraid I agree with Hag bart, anyway if I had to choose one, I'd pick blue
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

just want to say, i've made a version for C3 C...
                        here you'll find it

EDIT: almost forgot... now it works even if some Civ3/PTW/C3C files are missing.

(CG)Mendax
                        Last edited by Mendax; February 6, 2004, 19:12.

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

both (with and w/o) versions for C3C v1.22 are now ready.

note, that if you ran this program before you don't have to download the one with the dlls.

DOWNLOAD HERE

(CG)Mendax

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

Working...
                          X