Cheaper musketmen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper musketmen?

One major issue with civ3 is the cost of musketmen. They are too expensive which:

1. Makes people not build them by not hooking up salpeter until Military Tradition.

2. Helps making Cavalry overpowered.

Has anything been done to address this issue with the vanilla game?

Any comment from staff/betatesters would be appreciated.

I think such details can be customized via editor following own preferences.

Major concerns are related to uneditables features,and now I'm a bit warried about these kind of features.

Gunter

Comment

Some people (like me) only play vanilla, sice we want to measure our achievements with other players

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
        Some people (like me) only play vanilla, sice we want to measure our achievements with other players
        Sorry about my ignorance,but what the hell is " vanilla " ?

Gunter

Comment

Vanilla = unmodded/standard.

(Like icecream )

Comment

You should have tried the graphic mod of Snoopy at least,it was/is simply classy.

Regarding units....the " vanilla " version do not like too much for missing reasons and also for tweaking few values,above all in the modern / industrial times.

Gunter

Comment

Personally, I play with a "Double hit point mod" which makes Musketmen much more useful for defense as well as reducing flukes. (10, 8, 6, 4 instead of 5,4,3,2)
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
              X