anyone else try this in a mod ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else try this in a mod ?

I've found myself with a lot of spare time on my hands and figured I'd try my hand at Mod'ing CIV3 (although I admit I'm gonna have problems with the animations and artwork).

I came up with the idea of using new combat units that have a population cost as well as sheild cost. To balance the loss, I plan to give the new unit more hp.

example :

Standard Spearman (1/2/1; 20 sheilds)
    vs.
    Horde of Spearman (2/3/1; 40 shields, pop cost: 1, +3 hp)

I figure that some countries have used hordes of poorly equipped troops in battle before ... and this could represent such a formation. Just scoop up all the availible peasants, pass out the spears, and pray they survive.

I want to know if other people have tried this idea before; and how it turned out. I' also like to know if, given the oppurtunity, would you use combat units that were like this, would you actually use them ? If no, why not; if maybe, under what circumstances, etc.
    Thank god, there are no KENDER in Civ3.

Yeah we use it in Storm over Europe for infantry units, garrison units are pop free, Regiments cost 1 pop and Brigades cost 2. They have quite a low shield build cost and it seems to work superbly. Armoured units by comparison are pop free but expensive in shields, makes you think about your builds.

Comment

You'll find this forum useful if you're going to mod in that fashion.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
      X