Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO

Warpstorm is right.

I guess the biggest difference between Firaxis' Conquests and a very hard working fan is that Firaxis has access to new features. Although Civ3: Conquest's emphasis on "Action Now" seems to be pretty much a different focus than many mods, and seems that these Conquests will be very fun.
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm

No you don't. It means that you have to pay your scenario designers.
      It incinuates some sort of quality. I find it hard to see how one can make a fun scenario without events.

Comment

Well, I've had fun with scenarios on this site and CFC and none of them had events, so I think it is possible.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Greetings,

Here are a few clarifications for you...

Sadly, I can confirm that there will not be any form of scripting language or trigger mechanisms in the editor. The engine which we used to create Civ3 and it's expansions is somewhat inflexible in this regard. We are aware of the issue and we will definitely keep such things in mind for any future Civ projects. Sidenote: The arrival of the Portuguese is in-fact a tech advancement as a result of this.

Correct, King (Daimyo) units in Sengoku can be upgraded.

Correct, I did not have any previous experience as a scenario/mod creator before creating Sengoku. The experience was definitely an eye-opener!

Yes, I'll admit "Professionally-designed" does equal paid designer... ...but know that I originally designed the Sengoku Conquest thinking that I would post it as a free download for the public (as a pet project of mine).
          Since that time, we have introduced a *LOT* of new features (in the main game and editor) which allows us to really create some great new "civ-experiences".

I think that we (BreakAway and Firaxis) have really pushed the Civ editor and engine to new heights with this latest installment of the Civ franchise, and I remain absolutely convinced that you guys will be creating tons of great, new mods once this latest version of the editor has been made public.

enjoy,
          Michael
          Michael Fetterman
          Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

WTF This is a SCENARIO expansion! How on earth will scenarios work without scripting/triggers? How can you make, say, a ww2 scenario where Germany attacks on a certain turn? It ruins the whole concept.
            cIV list: cheats
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

I've tried the scenarios and they are fun (even though they don't have scripting) and that is the important thing.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

MattH - There certainly are other ways to achieve the same (or similar) effect. We use what we have available to us and modify / create other features to flesh it out.

Also, It's my understanding that this expansion it is not strictly scenario-driven. There are also a very large amount of improvements to the standard game mode.

Edit: The following Apolyton thread should give you some idea about the scope of this expansion...

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=97174

-MDF
                Last edited by Michael Fetterman; September 17, 2003, 20:14.
                Michael Fetterman
                Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                X