Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-ordering Conquests?

Anybody else pre-ordered yet?

Gameplay, in the UK, are now listing Conquests at £14.99 (GBP). So I did.

I really hope it is worth it after the PTW farce.

Are the indications that Conquests will meet its release date, given as 31 October on the Gameplay website?
    Never give an AI an even break.

Looks like Conquests is selling at a lower price in the UK than in the US.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The recommended price here is 19.99 GBP. Gameplay are offering is with 5.00 GBP off.

Comment

At current exchange rates that would be US$23.91 which I think is reasonable after buyinh PTW. (though I still think PTW owners should get a rebate)
        "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Is there a place to pre-order the US version??
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Still suffering from post-MOO3 burns and happy I didn't buy PTW. I think I'm going to hold off buying until I read the reviews and opinions of those who already bought. My initial impression of the expansion is very good so far.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

If I have the US version of the game can I install the UK version of conquests on top of it? I am about to preorder it from amazon.uk.

So long....
              Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
              Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
              Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
                If I have the US version of the game can I install the UK version of conquests on top of it? I am about to preorder it from amazon.uk.

So long....
                There is supposed to be only one Conquests CD with all the different language versions on it.

Anyway, there is only one version of Civ3, it was PTW that had different versions.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                  Is there a place to pre-order the US version??
                  I've noticed that EB http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236305.asp is accepting preorders for Civ3 Conquests. I believe they are offering Conquests for $29.99.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    Still suffering from post-MOO3 burns and happy I didn't buy PTW.
                    hehehe

i'm too a bit traumatized after the moo3 release.

i guess that is the last pre-order many players will ever make

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

I've noticed that EB http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236305.asp is accepting preorders for Civ3 Conquests. I believe they are offering Conquests for $29.99.
                      Thanks Wittlich!
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I just pre-ordered the game over Amazon.uk (via the Poly link) for 14.99GBP.

So long...
                        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Im broke.

Ugh I shouldnt have bought ptw.
                          :-p

Comment

I have money these days (incredibly). I can now afford to blow money on a video game sight unseen. I pre-ordered.
                            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                            X