Can't run EXE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run EXE

I have a strange problem. I was running PTW fine added on to my Civ3 and half way through my game it stopped and crashed to my destop saying "error in my civilization3.exe" Everytime after which i tried to play this game ended at the same result.

So i un-installed Civ3 and PTW and re-installed them to a new drive and now when I click PTW it comes up with the "error in civilzation3.exe" before it even gets to the title screen. I have the newest patch 1.29 and 1.27 and nothing has worked. I have tried No-Cd cracks to and that didn't work either.

Why would the game that was working, stop. And why can't I even get into it anymore, using the same files that worked before??

Strange?

Need help, I am addicted to Civ.

Strange. There are only 2 things I can think of: a hard drive failure or a virus. Have you checked for any of these?
    The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Yea it was strange, but i have seemed to fix the problem.

I un-installed the game one more time and then went into my registry and manually deleted anything to do with Civilization 3.

Then i re-installed and it seemed to work fine. My HD is fine and i have scanned for viruses.

Hopefully the game continues to work.

-downtown

Comment

Working...
      X