Conquests Suggestion: Robust Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquests Suggestion: Robust Statistics

I'd like to see lots of stats, both during and after the game. It would be very cool if I could see my unit kills and losses versus the other Civs in a game. Also to track how many of each city improvement was built, how many of each unit was built, etc.

Other games, such as Rise of Nations, Age of Empires, etc have very robust stats like this that make the end of the game very interesting. So why not Civ?

It also gives you something to shoot for (aside from the usual Victory conditions). Such as: "I'm going to try to break my record for unit kills this game." Or you could go for your fewest losses ever.

The histograph seems to be based on stats, so we know they are already being tracked. Power, for instance, is based on how many units you have and how strong they are. It would be nice if those colorful wavy lines were accompanied by the numbers they are based on.
    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Unit stats were tracked in civ2.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
      Now that you remind me, yes, they were. It would be great to have that back again.
      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Stats is always great fur. Especially after game stats. I liket the ones in Civ1+2, they were much better tha the ones in Civ 3.

Comment

Ditto. More stats is always nice.

But I don't want a spreadsheet. The more concise and clear the stats are the better.

I think the Espionage screen can be further consolidated to include global key information on all civs at a glance.
          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

I would like more detail in the military "power" advisor - instead of weak, average and strong - how about adding a very weak and very strong ?

Also instead of getting new information every few seconds from the advisors, how about an option to see all of the info from advisors at once in a larger window.
            Would be especially useful in MP games where you don't have time to wait to see the info.

Adding back the list of revenues and detailed expenses from Civ 2 would be nice too as well a units lost by your civ and units destroyed by you against the other civs also back from Civ 2.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
              Stats were tracked in 'Empire', if you remember that (for me) monochrome classic.

I completely agree with the original post.
              "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

I seem to remember a casualty timeline in Civ2 Gold Edition that I really enjoyed. If we could have that back it would certainly make PBEM much more convenient.
                I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
                "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

I'd love to have the kill / losses stats of Civ2 back. They weren't any important to the gameplay, but they were a nice way to feel involved in the game. To me, the lack of good stats is as sad as the lack of a city view in SMAC
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                  X