Civ Ptw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ Ptw

I installed CIV III PTW today. When I tried to start it I got the following error message: " Load Error File Not Found 'sounds\Button OK.wav'"

I tried the patch without success.

I removed the program, updated Windows and the sound and video drivers, reinstalled PTW and the patch and got teh same error message.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Bob

I forgot to add that I am using Windows XP.

Comment

All of the load error msgs I have seen where due to the scenario or the save not being compat with the PTW level I was using.
      Were you starting the game or loading a map?

Comment

PTW problems

I haven't been able to play the game because the error message comes up when I try to start the game.

Thanks for your reply.

Bob

Comment

I am on XP PRO and I looked at CIVPTW folder and it does not ave that file. It does exist in the CivIII sounds directory.
          I recall people had trouble with the install if they had patches on and then installed. I do it like this (and many times) install CivIII, install PTW and then appy 1.27F.
          The patch level has changed, it was 1.14, then I went to 1.21 and now 1.27.
          So it may be worth uninstalling. Use add/remove. Delete the directory, then install.

Comment

Working...
          X