Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version compatibility?!

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if the US version of the game is compatible with the UK version of Conquests? I looked through a some of the threads but I didn't find an answer.

So long....
    Last edited by The Pioneer; September 1, 2003, 14:31.
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

C' mon guys, somebody has to know! I want to pre-order Conquests at Amazon.uk but I am not sure if I'll be able to play the game.

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

As with PTW, Conquests will be compatible for all langauge versions if the games are the same patch verson. Example, currently all PTW games that are 1.27 patch work together, US, UK, German, Spanish, etc.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I think that, or rather I read that conquest will work with ALL versions of Civ III. I hope that this is true, check the civIII homepage, since I have CivIII US version and I live in europe.
        /rant on
        I must say that I got really dissapointed when I found out that I wouldn't be able to but PtW here just because of me buying CivIII elsewhere. The best part was when I emailed support and got a big -"Duh!" as a reply.

I really don't understand it, they want us to buy the original but they make it easier to get a cracked copy of the game then actually buying it. I like this game and I think that's there's a lot of time and effort behind it so I want to support it by buying it. But, I can't. Wery weird...
        /rant off

So, the quick answer is yes, it should work.

Comment

Supposedly there will only be one CD for Conquests that will include all the local language versions so there won't be different copy protection systems and patching will be straightforward.

Let's hope so!
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlado
            I really don't understand it, they want us to buy the original but they make it easier to get a cracked copy of the game then actually buying it. I like this game and I think that's there's a lot of time and effort behind it so I want to support it by buying it. But, I can't. Wery weird...
            SSHHHH! The mods are listening

Comment

I didn't say that I got a cracked version, just that it's a lot easier getting one. So, I do hope that Ming and Co don't bust my chops. Well, soon this entire discussion will be moot anyway, because...

Conquest!
              Conquest!
              Conquest!

is coming...

And that I'm getting ASAP!

Comment

Thx guys.

So that means that I can buy the game here in Germany and then install it on top of my US version of Civ 3 and be able to play the game in english?!

I do agree though that some times it easier to "get" the game rather than buy the original if you are not in the right place!

But for games I love I will go out of my way in order to buy tehm.

So long...

Comment

Working...
                X