Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: Tech Art Pack

- ALTERNATIVE TECH ART PACK v. 1 -

Fancy a change from the standard tech icons in your Civilopedia and Tech-Tree?

Try this plug-in, which will completely replace the lot. Some of the new icons are photorealistic, where the originals were a bit cartoony to my mind. Others are adapted from other sources, but are still clearer.

NOTE: Please remember to back-up all the files in your ...\Civilization III\Art\tech chooser\Icons folder before plugging this mod in!

DOWNLOAD: civ3Tech.zip

How to plug in the Alternative Tech Art Pack
    1) Download and unzip civ3Tech.zip using WinZip or similar file extraction program.
    2) Copy all the unzipped .pcx files to your ...\Civilization III\Art\tech chooser\Icons folder
    3) Select Yes to all in order to overwrite the old tech art picture files with the new ones.
    4) Fire up Civ III and enjoy!

NOTE: This plug-in has been tested with Civ III patched to version v1.21f with no other add-on packs. No problems have been experienced so far.

Enjoy!

Josef
    Last edited by JosefGiven; September 2, 2003, 08:43.
    A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Very nice work I can't decide which ones I like better. I will probably make these a PTW scenario.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Mighty kind of you to say, Sheik. Positive feedback makes me feel good!

EDIT: Although, naturally, a mention in the credits of your mod would be appreciated, if it's one you're going to release.

Onwards and upwards with my next project! *jets off*
      Last edited by JosefGiven; September 1, 2003, 14:39.
      A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Very nice graphics
        I'm considering using them instead of the regular ones. I still have to decide whether they fit in the general graphic scheme or not
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

nice

i've used this myself for a few weeks now

some graphics (andvanced flight) have been damaged during resizing in photoshop (happens when you use "nearest neighbour" resizing) and medicine is a bit pixelated

i made myself replacers for those two, you can add them to you pack if you feel like it
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
            nice

i've used this myself for a few weeks now
            Great! I've made the world that slight bit better. Think I'm in line for the next Nobel Prize?

some graphics (andvanced flight) have been damaged during resizing in photoshop (happens when you use "nearest neighbour" resizing) and medicine is a bit pixelated
            Guilty as charged. Yeah, you've got me bang to rights on 'Medicine' - I let my obsession with Fallout come to the fore and force me to use the graphic for Rad-X.

Plus, I gotta admit working on this project was a bit of a working, learning process with Photoshop. I did the best ones as I was finishing up. Yup, I really ought to schedule a release of Version 1.1 where I'll touch up the graphics with my later-found skillz0rs.

Ooh yeah, I digged your 'Advance Flight' graphics, SP. I think I'll take you up on your generous offer and splice them into V 1.1 as and when I get round to it.

Mind you, I think I'll postpone the release of V 1.1 (hee hee, listen to me talking like it's a whole new game or summat ) and merge it instead with this new project I got going here.

Watcha think?

Comment

I'll be eagerly waiting

I'll post any other tech graphics i make here too.
              Last edited by statusperfect; September 17, 2003, 16:19.

Comment

Here is a nice replacement for robotics.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X