Civ 3 Innovation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 Innovation!

I have had civilization 3 from the time of its release and i've been addicted to it like a drug. When i first played my game i was somewhat bewildered, but i eventually got the gist of the gameplay, and moved on to becoming a great terror But, I feel its time for the guys n gals to go back to the drawing board n provide us gamers with and enhanced civ game....

NOTE* THESE THINGS ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS I HAVE WIZZED UP N I WOULD LOVE FOR OTHERS TO ADD MORE*

1. I feel maps should be much larger than they currently are and detailed much more thoroughly aswell as enhanced zoom capabilities. I also feel that maps should remained shadowed even after knowledge has been gained of the full map for the sake of espionage, and millitary purposes, unless suggestions I'll make later on in my forum are employed to give full real time knowledge.

2. Enhanced nuclear weapon developments in ordering us to regulate bomb strenghts, and to employ multiple warhead per missile technology, aswell as the implementation of fallout clouds that cause pollution. (THIS IDEA JUSTIFYS THE DEMAND FOR LARGER MAPS)

3. Ships and Subs should be able to carry not single(which they can't even now) but multiple cruise missiles.

4. Greater distance capabilities should be given to the cruise missiles.

5. Espionage should be enhanced by the physical creation of spy units that must be mobilised and implemented manually.

6. More airplanes such as the B-52, Mig Fighter, Refuelers, and C-130's should be made available to enhance wartime reality.

7. Creation of real climates and weather patterns, not neccessarily accurate to the book but designed to immitate warmer closer to the equator and cooler nearer to the poles with weather patterns such as snow, rain, and hail, even disasters such as twisters and hurricanes.(SOME DISASTERS HAVE BEEN ALREADY IMPLEMENTED IN CONQUESTS)

8. The ability to allow the gamer to set patterns in unit mobility to replica triangle mobilisation for example. So, the gamer has not to give constant attention to units unless need be.

9. Give the gamer the ability to surface subs at sea and weaponry for subs to fight a surface battle.

10. The creation of beacons and decoys to be set by millitary ships for example cruisers around the ocean squares so commercial and naval traffic can be seen and monitored.

11. Creation of Cargo ships for trade between countries separated by sea squares, and trains for overland trade, so that more millitary options can be taken to stifle economys by destroying trade equipment.

12. The building of Nuclear silos to house ICBMS and other munitions so that they maybe a more reliable detterent, and harder to destroy. ICBMS should also be given to ability to be mobilised by vehicles out of cities where they are produced to either deployment sites or hidden silos whereever they are allocated.(Tactical nukes should also be able to be transported by the vehicles for the same reasons.)

13. Allow spys, spy vehicles, or aerial photos by planes and satellites only to reveal hidden silos.

14. Employ selective targeting of specific city buildings using smart weaponry from planes and cruise missiles so less collateral damage occurs and strategic buildings aren't destroyed in conflicts and takeovers.(WE REALISE THAT CURRENTLY USING SMART WEAPONS CAUSES LESS COLLATERAL DAMAGE BUT WE STILL ARE UNABLE TO BOMB SPECIFIC BUILDING FOR EXAMPLE BARRACKS INSTEAD OF LIBRARIES).

15. The creation of a new boundary whereby if troops are deployed may serve as incentives to others whether it be computer or other players to see and serve for them to reconsider actions in diplomacy or millitary, as war, or retaliation to attacks maybe imminent, especially near to important production cities. Note this boundary is not within territorial seas or land! But may extend several squares into international sea squares or unclaimed lands, whereby leaders can recognise your capability but can't throw you out of their territory as you are still on unclaimed squares but may feel highly threatened...

16. Last but not least, the creation of satellites which have to be researched and created and then launched into orbit to serve their purpose of taking pictures, map positioning(GPS), or even telecommunications to enhance speed of unit reactions, distance your units may travel, and accuracy of weaponry, and even creating killer satellites to destroy other countries satellites in space during conflict. Satellites I feel are the ultimate addition to the game to enhance gameplay. You should be able to set satellites in orbit around a zoom out 3D globe and always be able to zoom out and monitor them. They should suffer from aging and require repair teams and even upgrade teams to be launched every determined amount of turns to upgrade them or remove them unless they fall to earth randomly and destroy squares wherever they fall.

I HOPE MY SUGGESTIONS TRAVEL FAR TO WHOEVER IS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ENHANCE GAMEPLAY OR EVEN CREATE CIV 4. THANKS FOR READING AND AS I'VE SAID BEFORE ADDITIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOMED EVEN IF THEY ARE TOUCH UPS ON MY OWN

Some of this has happened with PTW and some of it is soon to happen with the release of Conquests.

Most of this has been suggested.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I had a huge post in response to this, but the computer died

Regarding map size, wait until we have better comps. Also, I never play on more than Small, because I simply get bored.

Regarding new units (and unit modifications) you propose, all are addable in the editor, most with enormous ease (except the refueler, which is utterly worthless on civ3's timescale).

Regarding trains and freight ships, NO! Talk about MM.

Regarding subs surfacing, NO! This is a freaking strategy game, not an RTS.

Regarding nuke silos, this is easy to do. Make ICBM's not immobile and stick them in a fortress.

Regarding on-the-map spies, NO NO NO NO! Do you want civ2 spies again? The entire idea is utterly ridiculous.

Regarding "beacons", why not just station a unit there?

Regarding the new boundary, a good idea but not possible with civ3's engine (without IMMENSE modification to the code). Civ4, MAYBE.

Regarding satellites... maybe. Seems too much MM. I think just revealing the map with the Satellites tech is enough.

Comment

I can remember that Alpha Centuri had satelites. One type for shooting down ICBMs, another for spying/map revealing and another for shooting down enemy satelitles (I think).

I like your idea on maps, except for the idea that they stay shrouded. Keep the explored parts in a fog-of-war, not shroud.

I like the idea of the specific building targeting with cruise missiles. But then I also like the present system, since in any bombardment you are going to get collateral damage anyway.
        "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
        "The bloody dog is dead"
        ------------------------------------------

Comment

Has there been thought been given to an expansion that begins when the game normally ends and you land on Alpha... That you start a new game on that world and explore new resources, new aliens, etc. And maybe even conqure the galaxy?

While exploring new resourses, you can name them and try exploring what those new resources can do for you? Maybe even stealing technologies from the aliens?

Comment

Um, isn't that Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri?

More unit abilities. Remember Civ2? It's pikemen were twice as effective against horsies as against anything else. Ever played any of the Panzer General games? They had good ideas for units, infantry ruling in cities and rugged terrain, tanks in plains... And PG2 had abilities for elite units, like logistics (longer movement) and such... And supplying, that would rock. And different support cost for different units. A warrior's support is the same as Stealth Bombers...
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Don't know... Probably. I'm not that much into games, but tried CIV3
              Yes! Panzer General, PG2, Allied General, Steel Panthers II.

Guess I'll have to take a look at Alpha.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X