victory conditions settings ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• victory conditions settings ??

once the game is launched, where can you check on the sccenario settings? (difficulty, barbarians, victory conditions)
    I have restarted an old saved game I'd like to finish and can't remember it...

AFAIK you can't.

IIRC someone did post that the settings were in a txt file somewhere as a string of 1's and 0's and he changed the settings by altering the file, but what file and what it means I have no idea.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

the problem is that I'd like to build the spaceship and even though I have all ressoures & Apollo I still can't
      I can't remember the victory conditions and my guess is that it is off...
      any suggestion on what else it could be?

Comment

Originally posted by thereivax
        the problem is that I'd like to build the spaceship and even though I have all ressoures & Apollo I still can't
        I can't remember the victory conditions and my guess is that it is off...
        any suggestion on what else it could be?
        Strange. AFAIR you can not build the Apollo if the space race victory condition is not checked.
        Nym
        "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Originally posted by Nym

Strange. AFAIR you can not build the Apollo if the space race victory condition is not checked.
          You can, or at least it is possible in my games. I always turn the space victory off but edited Apollo to give double science in the city it is built so that it is still worth building.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Try this. load the game in question. Then start a new game. The settings should be the same as the last one and then you will know what they were. I find loading a game from here is always turning on autosave. I play with it off. So I now try to check my settings when I start a new game as some could have been changed by a previously downloaded game.

Comment

tonight I'll try to start a new game once hte current one is loaded and see if space victory is off by default.
              thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV

You can, or at least it is possible in my games. I always turn the space victory off but edited Apollo to give double science in the city it is built so that it is still worth building.
                Well, I would then say I was wrong.
                Nym
                "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Working...
                X