No announcement yet.

Coquests to include all PTW content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did any of you figure out why would anyone buy Civ3 Gold? (which is going to be released in the same time with Conquests) Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Civ3 Gold = vanilla Civ3 + PtW ? Since it seems that Conquests is going to include all PtW content, why would anyone buy the Gold edition? If you wanted to buy now Civ3 plus an expansion pack, wouldn't you buy vanilla Civ3 + Conquests, which includes PtW anyway ?

Civ3 Gold + Conquests = Civ3 + PtW + PtW + Conquests
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Yup, that is weird :/

I guess we are missing out on some info.

Comment

Probably regular Civ won't be produced and on the shelves once Civ Gold hits the streets. People might find copies in a bargain bin, but not on the big retailers shelves.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Civ3 vanilla probably costs $30. Civ3: Gold costs $40, but is probably easier to get your hands on.

Besides, since the target is somebody who doesn't have Civilization yet, perhaps he would like to try out the regular game before buying the new $30 xp. I guess Civ3 Gold allows you to get both Civ3 and PTW at a fair price, before you decide to buy the expansion.

Anyway, that's my guess.
          Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

I just pre ordered the game and at 15GBP (about 21 euro or 19 USD) which is a very good price. I know have to wait another 7 or so weeks until I get my hands on it .

So long...
            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by dexters
              As for my "attitude" I suppose I would just buy Conquests had they not included PTW content, since it is actually THE STANDARD INDUSTRY PRACTRICE to not include last year's expansion pack in this year's XP. I've said this many times before in various threads. The inclusion of old XP content in a new XP is rare, and is practically unheard of in recent memory. What Atari is doing is out of the ordinary, yet they are pricing the product as if it is business as usual.
              Really?? Bundle packs are all over the place. The XP to Dungeon Seige even comes with the full version of DS:

Originally posted at http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/d...aranna_i.phtml
              Additionally, Legends of Aranna comes bundled with the original Dungeon Siege and you can play the original game, or you can even play the original adventure using the new expansion executable, thereby gaining the new features and new spells and equipment.
              This is hardly a new and unique idea.... I'm not trying to start anything here I just really can't understand why this bothers some of the ppl that bought PTW (much like they obviously can't see why we aren't bothered)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                Did any of you figure out why would anyone buy Civ3 Gold? (which is going to be released in the same time with Conquests) Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Civ3 Gold = vanilla Civ3 + PtW ? Since it seems that Conquests is going to include all PtW content, why would anyone buy the Gold edition? If you wanted to buy now Civ3 plus an expansion pack, wouldn't you buy vanilla Civ3 + Conquests, which includes PtW anyway ?

Civ3 Gold + Conquests = Civ3 + PtW + PtW + Conquests
                hi ,

well some new customers want to join in on the fun also , .......

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I see most people feel they got their moneys worth from PTW. I've gotten the impression that the multiplayer is all but unplayable except for email. Has anybody here had success with LAN games?

Comment

Look at it this way.

What if Conquests did not include PTW? Instead of creating therefore two different communities (The PTW and C3C crowd) and having only a percentage of those two being mixed (the ones that own both game), you have all the C3C crowd immediately compatible with the PTW crowd. What's not to like about this decision? What I do agree is perhaps a $10 rebate would have been in order for buyers of PTW, but still, is $10 really worth all this fuss? (as to why EA does it, well they better give something back to the consumer after having to buy every silly yearly edition of their sports games most of the time which are almost identical to last year's only with a different roster).

What I do find totally despicable is if Civ3 Gold eventually replaces Civ3 GOTY like GOTY replaced Civ3. Civ3 had practically gone down to around $20-30 when GOTY appeard. Civ3 was immediately taken off the shelves and GOTY jumped the price up another 10-20 for something that simply included a 10 minute video and 3 maps and the latest patch, all of which could be downloaded from the internet. Bad Infogrames, really bad.

I truly hope that Atari doesn't make the same mistake and take out GOTY for the sake of C3Gold and jump the price up another $20.
                    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Civ3 Gold is $40, wasn't GotY $50?

With Civ3 and PTW its a better value than GotY, isn't it?
                      Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X