A Storm Over Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Storm Over Europe

Just wanted to let those people that have been following the SOE mod over the last year know that we have finally entered playtesting on the mod and should have an initial release up and running in around a week.

The mod is set in 1939 with Germany having just crossed the border into Poland. It features 23 civilizations, Well over a hundred WW2 specific units (the majority of which are newly created for us by some of the civ communities best 3d unit creators), completely new interface, 255x255 map covering eastern USA to mid Russia and Scandinavia to Northern Africa, all new historical effect icons, leaderheads, palaces (Reichstag complete, others to follow) and many, many other elements.

Storm Over Europe Home Forum
    Attached Files

A few preview shots..
    Attached Files

Comment

And..
      Attached Files

Comment

Cant post many more due to the 800x600 image limit, it distorts the files, sorry about the slight distortion on teh units pic above I had to shrink the picture somewhat.

Comment

Nicely done.
          "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
          but when there has been naming
          we should also know when to stop.
          Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio
            A few preview shots..
            Are these those "battleship tanks" that never really went into production?

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

Are these those "battleship tanks" that never really went into production?
              The only non-production one I can ID is the Maus at the top of the diamond -- which others seem suspect to you? Note that one is actually a RR gun, and several were very limited production run, such as the assault mortar vehicle, and the JagdTiger (proper name??); the beast second from the left in the same row as the Maus is the Ferdinand/Elefant.

-Oz
              ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

It's a joke; they're on water.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                  It's a joke; they're on water.
                  ... And here I thought the Wehrmacht had just rolled out the blue carpet ...
                  ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Great job, already saw your work on CFC and CDG But is that the completed Reichstag? It had a dome on top, you know. After WWII the destroyed dome wasn´t rebuilt until the re-unification of Germany 1990 (but now it is made of glas).
                    Blah

Comment

Funny you should mention the dome, I tried for a LONG time to get the dome in and looking good, gave up in the end in the foolish hope that noone would remember it.

there is a problem with palaces however in that on the first turn it currently gives you about 6-7 free peices, which is a bit of a downer. We trying to find a way to stop it doing this

Comment

Very nice job so far. The palace is a nice touch.

Comment

Isn't it very hard to balance 110 units? and won't a lot of them not get built by a human player because they are redundant?
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

On second thoughts, after viewing them all, I dont think there wil be a problem
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

The only place ive found it to be a slight problem to be honest is with the German tanks, there are so many and ptw has so few tags that its hard to make them stand out. Hopefully this will become easier with C3C, but even now we are doing our best to get around it.

Comment

Working...
                              X