Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leipzig Convention brings nothing new

From Civ3.de (My translation below)

Nachdem über die GC viel berichtet wurde, wollen wir Euch als Leser auch einen persönlichen Erfahrungsbericht nicht vorenthalten. Ich hab mich am Samstag aufgemacht, die GC zu stürmen....

Es war (wie fast zu erwarten) nicht so toll. Der PC wurde nur stiefmütterlich behandelt. Überall PS2, Xbox, Gamecube. Der Lautstärkepegel war wirklich krass, jeder wollte den anderen übertünchen. Bei "codemasters" tanzten sogar zwei hostessen an einer silberstange :-) vor kindern....

Inhaltlich war fast nichts zu wollen, fast alle Hersteller, die für PS, Xbox und PC entwickeln haben nur die Konsolen-Variante vorgestellt. Ich hab insgesammt 4 (!) Demos von PC Spielen gesehen. Ansonsten galt: ob Commandos3, Need for Speed Underground, Futurama the Game, James Bond, Herr der Ringe ect. pp. --> immer nur die Konsolen-Version wurde gezeigt.
    Am Atari Stand war Civ3-mäßig war auch nix zu sehen. Und mit jemandem sprechen? Fehlanzeige: die Atari-Gils hatten keine Ahnung von den Spielen (würd ich aber auch nicht erwarten, die wurden halt für die 4 Tage gemietet) waren dafür aber WIRKLICH hübsch anzusehen und Technik-Mitarbeiter waren nicht zuständig für Marketing-Sachen. Da solle man sich an die Presseabteilung wenden (extra Stand). An den kam man aber nur mit Presseausweis ran. Also nix für Otto-Normal-Gamer...

Und selbst die Spiele, die wirklich da waren, hatte man gut versteckt. Statt eine gesammte Ab-18 Ecke einzurichten hatte jeder Hersteller eine extra abgetrennte Kabine an seinem Stand. Und die war "riesig". So lief z.B. die Vorstellung von Driver III (keine spielbare Demo, nur ein Demovideo) in einer 1x1m großen Kabine...

"After so many reports on the Game Convention (GC), I wanted to share as a reader my personal experience of the Convention with you. I decided to stumble in the GC Saturday.

It was (expectably) not that great. PC was barely covered. Everywhere could you see PS2, XBox, Gamecube.

There was almost no contents to expect. All games developed on PC and consoles were only shown in their console variant. I have seen a grand total of 4 (!) PC games' demos.

At Atari's stand was Civ3 discreet, and there was also nothing to see. Wanted to speak with someone ? Wrong idea: the Atari girls had no idea of the games (since they had been hired for 4 days), but at least looked REALLY cute, and the technicians did no marketing work. For this had people to go to the press conference, where one could only enter with a press card... So, nothing for Joe Average Player.

And even the games really present were well hidden. Instead of using the stand as a whole, each game was presented in a separate cubicle. And it was "gigantic": So was the (only video, not playable) demo of Driver3 presented in a 1x1m cubicle..."
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Well, that SUXXXXXXX!!!
    "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
    Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kaos XIII
      Well, that SUXXXXXXX!!!
      Well, Kaos, you linked to a gamespot article that's from today. Maybe the press guys did have something new after all (I don't know if the gamespot coverage comes from the Leipzig event).
      But sure it sucked for the normal people
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

@ "Otto-Normal-Gamer"
        CSPA

Comment

Working...
        X