Civ from the Oceanic region?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ from the Oceanic region?

This new XP sounds pretty good, I'm surprised that after the relative flop PTW was they continued the series - shows there is still dedication to the product line, doesn't it?

Does anyone know the confrimed civs? I've heard the Mayans will be there. I've seen a screenshot of the WW2 scn but I think the civ on Australia/other island parts is the 'Commenwealth' rather than a new civ (too bad it isn't Europe, but I suppose the series has already visited that in Civ2). I would like to see at least one civ from the Pacific, maybe 'Polynesians' - it is one of the five geographic regions of the world and they are an extremely old culture and were adept at island hoping (if you're looking at a game advantage for them).

Anyone know if this is likely or not?
    "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Sorry NeoStar. The final 7 are in. Incans, Mayans, Byzantines, Sumeria, Hitties, Dutch and the Portuguese.

Comment

it's a shame
      CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
        Sorry NeoStar. The final 7 are in. Incans, Mayans, Byzantines, Sumeria, Hitties, Dutch and the Portuguese.
        And I thought they'd have to do it this time. Where do they get some of these civs from? I'm betting none of the team has been to Oceania! Oh well...we can mod, can't we?
        "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

europe + middle east = overcrowded

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar
            I'm betting none of the team has been to Oceania!
            Well, the Dutch had their colonies in the East Indies (Indonesia) and were great navigators, so I'd guess they went to Oceania, even though they did not annex the place.

Similar for the Portuguese, they were the best seafaring explorers in Europe, and made contact with the Japanese decades before anybody else. They settled on the Timor Island and in other small places in the area.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
              europe + middle east = overcrowded
              Only if you play on a world map

Any non-scenario version of the game will be perfectly fine
              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV

Only if you play on a world map

Any non-scenario version of the game will be perfectly fine
                Why not have both?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStar

I'm betting none of the team has been to Oceania!
                  Presuming you mean the Conquests development team, you would lose that bet

Comment

Such a shame that they couldn't think outside the square over Europe and the middle east for any longer than necessary to add the Maya and Incas.

I was hoping that at least one civ in this expansion could be from Africa, and also an Oceanic civ like Indonesians/Polynesians or even Australians. And I initially scoffed at the thought that the Byzantines would be in, and I was also surprised somewhat at the inclusion of the Sumerians and Hittites.

Not that it matters much since modding the game is easy enough when determined enough to do so, and I intended to make a few changes anyway.
                    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X