User Made Events in Conquests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Made Events in Conquests

I have lost trck over Conquests for some time, and I don't know if we know how the modmakers will make events ?
    Will there be an event language like in Civ2 ? An editor box that simplifies the job ? Will possibilities be wide, or will they rather be limited ?

For example: in a "Pirates of the Carribean" scenario, I want to make a "Gold Cargo" unit that has to make it to Madrid (to be sacrificed in Madrid), for it to add $$$ to the Spanish treasury upon arrival. How would creating such an event look like ?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

No mention

Lot's of stuff was mentioned, but not that.

But we can still hope.
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Well, I've heard somewhere the scenarios were made with the editor that'll be shipped with Conquests, so one can hope the event scripting will be part of the editor.

Otherwise, we'd be in for a major disappointment. Events have been reclaimed since day one by the creation community, and Conquests has raised biig hopes about them. Should they not be present in the editor, Firaxis isn't going to repair its damaged reputation...
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

They said "robust" editor so I would assume that means we will be bale to make events.

Well, I've heard somewhere the scenarios were made with the editor that'll be shipped with Conquests
        That was my understanding too.
        Maybe someone from Atari could stop by and verify this?
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

To my knowledge there's been no mention of scripted events in any of the packaged scenarios or in talk about the new editors capabilities. I'd like to be shown otherwise.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik
            They said "robust" editor so I would assume that means we will be bale to make events.
            They always say "Robust Editor

Well, I've heard somewhere the scenarios were made with the editor that'll be shipped with Conquests
            That was my understanding too.
            Maybe someone from Atari could stop by and verify this?
            They were. But they didn't necessarily have to include events. They hardcode some new features that can be used in the editor and they don't need to add scripting.

They did mention a lot of stuff that can easily make interesting scenarios. So if they don't add it, the expansion won't be a total waste for mod-makers (Even if you pay full price).
            Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

oh god... I have been asking for event ever since civ3 came out...

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                oh god... I have been asking for event ever since civ3 came out...

I think we can try civ IV...
                Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
                So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
                rocking on everest

Comment

Working...
                X