I just bought Civilization III: Play the World and
    I have a problem with some of the scenarios that came with the it. That is:
    When I try to load+play the scenarios:

Ancient Mediterranean
    The Ancient World

I get an error message that says:

Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Bible
    The game will now exit.

And the game exits.. I believe it has something to do with the "Ancient Mediterranean MOD". The CivIII:PTW doesnt include this? Do i have to download it? From where? Or maybe the game wasnt installed properly?
    I'll be happy to provide you with a screenshot of the error message, although it isnt a windows error message, but it is in a standard civ block.

Thank you in advance for your time,
    Respect

Take a look at the Creations sub forum. It may have an upgraded one for it if it was a user map.
    Or at least someone may have encounter the issue.

Comment

What is your version of PtW ? On my version, the civilopedia file looks perfectly ok... And the scenario works by me.

There must have been a problem with your civilopedia at some point. Here's what you should do in order to (hopefully) solve the problem.

1st solution: try to patch the game to the latest version (1.27f). The correction ot the problem may be in the patch.

2nd solution: it is more tedious. Go to the CIV3PTW\Scenarios\Ancient Mediterranean\Text\ folder. Open the Pediaicons.txt, and add the following string in the file:
      #ICON_BLDG_Bible
      SINGLE
      art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\epiclarge.pcx
      art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\epicsmall.pcx

Add it at about the half of the file, where you see a bunch of other paragraphs beinning with #ICON_BLDG_Something. Make sure you add it between two of said paragraphs.

A bit further down in the file, make sure the following paragraph is present:
      #WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Bible
      art\wonder splash\missing splash copy.pcx
      If it's not, copy/paste it between two paragraphs starting with #WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Something.

Hope it works
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Double Post. Please disregard.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
        X