Unit Preview: Gold Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Preview: Gold Dragon

Here is a unit I am working on converting from another game. It isn't a simple matter of loading a file into a conversion program and saving it. I have to take screen shots, line them up, reduce the image size, and lots of copying and pasting, not to mention Ihave to add a shadow to it.. Also there are 30 frames per direction which also adds a lot more time.

I am doing this preview so I can get some feedback. I think it should be a little larger, it is a dragon afterall. I also don't know what the animation timing should be.

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Elucidus; August 9, 2003, 17:55.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

I am not sure how the attack animation is going to look though. And I heard some larger animations don't look right when they goto attack. They overlap the tile instead of attacking it.

The default attack is a bite attack, not a fire breathing one. I will see what I can do though.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

Looks pretty good Keep up the good work.

I also think the unit should be big. As for the attack I would rather see a firebreathing one than a bite.
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Its very pretty. I suggest you make it big, don't use the biting attack, and copy one of the flame effects from one of the flame thrower PTW units, the fire galley, or the flammenwerfer unit.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The dragon looks pretty good. I also think it should be pretty big in size, and have flame breathing as a primary attack.

Good luck with the rest of it.
          "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
          "The bloody dog is dead"
          ------------------------------------------

Comment

Hey that is a good idea, grabbing the flame fromt he ptw units. In the game it has a flame attack but it is a special ability and I can't find the graphics for those.

I will let you know how it goes. I am also planning on doing this one.
            Attached Files
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

Is the second dragon a Death/Bone dragon?
              "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
              "The bloody dog is dead"
              ------------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah Bone Dragon Type thing.
                Yours in gaming,
                ~Luc

Comment

Looks nice... Too bad you can't change how other units are dying when attacking with certain units. Would have nice to see my enemies turn into ashes after encountering this dragon

Comment

Any news about these animations?

Comment

Elucidus is currently away on family business, should be back soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X