how do the Zone of Control work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do the Zone of Control work?

I posted the following in #civ3 on Quakenet (irc), but no one could help me, so I'll try here

[22:27:03] anyone knows how the Zone of Control really works?
    [22:27:34] when i had an army it worked as it should
    [22:28:04] but my fortresses with units within doesn't seem to have the zone (as they shoud)
    [22:29:53] enemy cavalery run right past them
    [22:30:42] but then i thought that maybe that was because cavalery have a zone of control as well, which made them immune to it
    [22:31:01] but then enemy riflemen run past my fortresses as well
    [22:31:12] now im confused...

How does it really work? So far I have never seen any sign of Zone of Control from my fortresses. I have both riflemen and cavalery in them right now, and older units earlier.

Oh, I got this answer, but I't didn't help much. But is it like that?

[23:52:55] huhm, duno winford
    [23:53:57] its not like zone of control hits all tho, its a % of units passing

Yes, fortresses do give a zone of control. It only works when an enemy unit moves from a tile adjacent to the fortress to another tile also adjacent to the fortress (not if they move next to the fortress and away again).

It is a % chance so your units don't always get a hit on the enemy.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Yes, I know about moving from adjacent to adjacent rule.
      It just seems that I am very (<-- VERY) unlucky with the % chance then...

On my army I used eariler in the game, it seemed I was very lucky on hte coutrary: he did a hit almost every time he should.

Aren't there anyone else who feels that fortresses dont work as they should?

Comment

When a unit moves from one fortress to another it doesn't work then?

Comment

No, during the entire game, not even a single time, have I seen a unit in a fortress hit another unit in the "zone of control-way". And I had a lot of fortresses, and a lot of enemy activity around them.

Comment

Working...
          X