Bridge Building too late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cort Haus
    Tiberius, Panag - many thanks for this background info. That's a splendid collection of links, Panag.
    hi ,

no problem , any time

well just dont forget to cut , copy and paste it somewhere , .......

btw , is this helping you forward now , do you need more , .....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Bear in mind that the Romans were the exception, at least in their part of the world, and following the fall of the Empire, a lot of knowledge was temporarily lost (dark ages). I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Romans, in CivIII terms, had actually hit the early middle ages (engineering, monotheism) prior to their decline.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You make a valid point Arrian.

Comment

Re: Bridge Building too late?

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          I'd say that 2000 years ago is generally considered the ancient era. If was, after all, Rome's day.
          Historians break down History into four major eras: Ancient, Classical, Medieval, and Modern. The Ancient era ends and the Classical era begins with the Golden Age of Greece (500 BC), shortly before the rise of Rome.
          Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Bear in mind that the Romans were the exception, at least in their part of the world, and following the fall of the Empire, a lot of knowledge was temporarily lost (dark ages). I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Romans, in CivIII terms, had actually hit the early middle ages (engineering, monotheism) prior to their decline.

-Arrian

hi ,

true 100 % , unfortunatly this cant be reflected very well in the game , ......

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

BTW, on the subject of the Romanians, modern Romanian is unusual in the languages of the region as being the only one closely based on Latin. If you can read Italian, you'll understand Romanian too. Maybe more Roman than you might think, eh? The other countries surrounding have Slavic or Cyrillic languages.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So? Nobody said romanian wouldn't be a latin based language (yet it is a fact that there are more slavic based words in romanian than latin based ones) or that the romanians have nothing to do with the romans. The question was wether the romanians have anything to do with the dacians, who used to live in modern day Romania.
                It is a not a big surprise that a nation coming from south of the Danube speaks a latin based language.

Btw, accidentally I speak romanian perfectly and I don't understand italian; maybe a few words. But yes, once you know one of them it's easy to learn the other one.
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Well, Yankees sometimes have trouble understanding Southerners, and Romaina is seperated from Italy by hundreds of miles, so it's not surprizing that it might be difficult to understand each other speaking.

On Romania having it's name, remember that after the split of the Roman Empire, what's refered to as historians as the Eastern Roman Empire and Brazianum[sp] Empire was refered to by the inhabiants as the Roman Empire, and the citizens considered themselves to be Roman. This empire lasted until the Turks conquered them several centuries later.

Back to the topic, The Roman Empire clearly had the tech for Engenering no later than 100 AD (and may have been the first to do so) so it's no surprize that they built bridges.

Catherdrials though weren't built until several centuries after Monotheism.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                  X