Who should get these traits ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Inca would be a good candidate for Ind, Exp

I agree that the combo is great (the American UU is the worst, though)
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by panag
      hi ,

all this talk ( hey its a great discour going now ) leads only to a stronger case to give several civs at least three traits , ......
      The problem with this is that it would have the potential to destabilize play balance with three traits instead of two (I know from personal experience) First you would have to give all of the civ's three traits or it won't work. Second you need to think of the possible trait combinations and determine if possible combinations would be two powerful or too weak (e.g. the combination of Industrial-Religious-Scientific was a combination that I did not allow when I experimented with three trait combos)
      Then you must assign specific combos to each civ, even the ones that you can't even find two good traits to adequately describe of them. While some balance might be found in a personal mod, incorporating them into a commercial product would lead to endless debate and complaints.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I'm not aware of the Dutch Empire being known for Agriculture.
        Any nation that can convert marsh into farmland has to be Agricultural IMO
        "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius

Mil+Rel just fits them so well. The whole feudal era (which I consider the golden era for Japan) was based on military classes, Samurais and Daimyos and their bushido code.
          I always thought of the golden age of Japan as the 1980s.
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Carthage should be seafaring/agricultural. It's former holdings were the breadbasket of the Roman empire.

The Vikings should have seafaring, but at different points in time they were traders (and founded Russia), settlers and conquerors, depending on circumstances (probably the king's mood).

The Americans would probably be expansionist/industrious, because they were becoming industrialized and "going west" at about Lincoln's time (if that helps with the argument about the Americans, what were they doing while their leader in the game was alive? Besides fighting each other).

The Japanese would be Militaristic/Religious, for the same reasons (Japan in tokugawa's time).

The English in Elizabeth's time? Seafaring and Expansionist (either against the Dutch or the Spanish, the French didn't concern them too much at that time).

Sumer was definitely agricultural, and I'd also say they were scientific.

China would be Militarist/Industrious. Two reasons: the Great Wall, and secondly, who's their leader? Mao.

The Dutch are more Seafaring/Commercial. Amsterdam is still the largest trading port in the world.

Feel free to debate.

Comment

I agree with you on everything Virdrago
              The Dutch should be commercial and seafaring, that would make most sense. Religious could be instead of one of these but it is less fitting. England is more known for having a large empire than for trading, so they should have expansionist and seafaring .

I think you are coming quite close to the traits in the game, because you look at the leaders, just like Firaxis seems to be doing

One small thing: Rotterdam is the worlds' greatest port nowadays, not Amsterdam.
              Alea iacta est!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

The problem with this is that it would have the potential to destabilize play balance with three traits instead of two (I know from personal experience) First you would have to give all of the civ's three traits or it won't work. Second you need to think of the possible trait combinations and determine if possible combinations would be two powerful or too weak (e.g. the combination of Industrial-Religious-Scientific was a combination that I did not allow when I experimented with three trait combos)
                Then you must assign specific combos to each civ, even the ones that you can't even find two good traits to adequately describe of them. While some balance might be found in a personal mod, incorporating them into a commercial product would lead to endless debate and complaints.
                hi ,

well there are plenty of other ways to rebalance the game , .....

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

England is more known for having a large empire than for trading
                  I believe Napoleon called them 'a nation of shopkeepers'

IMO expansionist should be reserved for a country that intenionally expanded its borders, which fits America and Russia far better than England
                  "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Working...
                  X