Requrenments for Grat Leaders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requrenments for Grat Leaders?

I have yet to se a Great Leader. OK I have only played one half game yet, but at this point I'm nearing the modern age, and I have still to produce a single Great Leader. Is there some prerequsit that I've missed.

I have several Elite units, some og whom have defeated more than 4 barbarian units in the same turn, defending a mountain or city.

I have not killed all that many civ-owned units, since I try to avoid conflict, and go for scientific expansion.
    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Sometimes they appear and sometimes they don't. There is a chance everytime an Elite unit wins a engagement that a Great Leader will be created (I beleive it is 1/16). Building the Heroic Epic increases this chance. However, just because you flip a coin 100 times doesn't mean you will get 50 heads. Some people get many great leaders in a game and some get none. It is very possible to play an entire game and not get one great leader.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

You will not get a great leader from defeating barbarians. It is only possible when one of your elites defeats a unit from another civ.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Thanks for catching that Cerberus. I didn't realize he said he was fighteing barbs.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Thanks, was afraid it was somthing like that. Looks like I'll have to get me a real war, with that French "saint".

She's a pain in the lover backside of the body, but a little to powerfull for me to just walk over and bash her. It'll take some planning.
          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

BTW Heroic Epic does not directly increase chance of leaders, only the chance of promotions. Indirectly that does increase the number of elites and hence the chances of leaders.
            Note that a unit can not generate another leader, once it has done so at that grade. IOW, you could promote the unit and it could work its way back to elite and a leader.

Comment

Working...
            X