Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D*MNIT, are we gonna fix things or not!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure? I guess it could be a cookie problem, but I haven't been in some of the other forums in ages.

Well, maybe it's my bad... but in an ideal 'poly world, new posts would be happening often enough that the lightbulbs would always be on.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
      I guess it could be a cookie problem, but I haven't been in some of the other forums in ages.
      It resets every time you log-out (automatically after you are unconnected from the server for five minutes). You don't actually have to open the forum page, simply being logged onto 'poly counts.

Are you sure?

Yes. (the picture attached to badams' post proves it).

On the other hand, in the default forum style (which it looks like you use) the lightbulbs next to a user's name shows whether they are currently logged on or not. The forum software using the same graphic to denote two seperate things is where your (understandable) confusion has probably arisen.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheik
        We should start by adding a Conquests forum. And then maybe with a Conquests forum we could also get some more Atari traffic here?
        I admit, it would be easier to keep tabs on the latest reactions to recent Civ Conquests news, and for some of us to pop in and make a comment, if there were a separate Conquests forum.

Best,
        Jeff Foley
        Atari

Comment

Thanks for the support Jeff!

Dan and/or Mark - Can this be done?

EDIT: Sent a PM to DanS in reference to starting a Conquests Forum.
          Last edited by Wittlich; July 27, 2003, 16:34.

Comment

EDIT: Sent a PM to DanS in reference to starting a Conquests Forum.
            Thank you.

And thank you Jeff for supporting my suggestion.
            For your photo needs:
            http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I think the PTW forum was only opened a few days before release...

Or maybe that was the MP forum...

Comment

Wittlich :
                Did you send the PM to DanS or DanQ ? I really doubt DanS will be able to do anything for the creation of the conquest subforum. Heck, I don't even think he has any interest in Civ3.

Trip:
                The PtW forum was opened as soon as the news of the expansion were made public, somewhere around May or June. A separate Conquest subforum has not been created because the extra traffic wasn't enough to justify it.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

a conquests forum would be nice. a couple long threads is not good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Wittlich :
                    Did you send the PM to DanS or DanQ ? I really doubt DanS will be able to do anything for the creation of the conquest subforum. Heck, I don't even think he has any interest in Civ3.
                    Actually, I sent the PM to DanQ...but after I thought about it, I also sent a copy to DanS too - just to cover the bases.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Theseus is smarting for the fact RCP was invented at CFC and not here, thinks me...

Don't worry bro, considering the plethora of other strategies which have come out of here, I think it might also be a little arrogant to think that every hot new theory must necessarily come from Apolyton. That's like saying every new piece of electronics must always come from Japan, every new culinary delicacy from France and every new software from the US. Sometimes great things come from other places too.

Kudos to CFC for finding out RCP. I'm glad someone did, if they didn't do it, perhaps it would have taken months before someone else did. The more things that are discovered in other sites, the better it is for the entire civ community.
                      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

What does RCP stand for?

Comment

Ring City Placement. It's a theory which says corruption related to # of cities is not affected with cities the same distance from the capital or FP. N-W-S-E tiles count 1.5 while NW-SW-SE-NE tiles count 1.

Try it, it works
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

A flavour-of-the-month strategy that exploits a corruption bug that will probably be fixed in the next patch? No thanks.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlado
                              What does RCP stand for?
                              I thought it stood for Revolutionary Communist Party. Then again, they haven't stood any candidates for years...

Comment

What does RCP stand for?
                                Ring City Placement. It is the latest strat in city placement and takes advantge of how the game calculates corruption.

I don't think it will be fixed in the next patch. It is a legit and very good strategy.
                                For your photo needs:
                                http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
                                X