Modding PTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding PTW

From what I've read, it seems that the copytool does not work on PTW. Is this right? If so, how am I supposed to add improvments/wonders to a PTW mod? Can I just load a Civ3 scenario in PTW without problems?

Most everything can be done in the editor now, you might want to read Plutarck's mod making tutorial that is topped in this forum.

Comment

That's odd... I tried several times and failed. I guess I'll have to start from scratch- thanks a lot GF!

Comment

Is there anything you can do in the multitool that you can't in the editor? Was there ever?

I always thought that it was possible to modify every field in the bic/bix file in the editor (even the first release, you could add units, etc. through a small exploit I found).

Comment

In case it wasn't obvious, this is my first serious modding attempt . Anyway, I'm having some trouble with the file system: is there file system I can make that will allow my scenario to be played and PTW to remain intact? Or, will running my scenario also run my scenario's copy of the .bic file? I'm in over my head, and trying to cope, but I can't find any reference to this problem in the forums, so either this problem is ridiculously easy to solve, or there is no problem and I'm confused !

Comment

Originally posted by 0bsidi0n
            . Anyway, I'm having some trouble with the file system: is there file system I can make that will allow my scenario to be played and PTW to remain intact?
            Yes, you have to save your scenario in the Scenario folder of PTW. The .bix file has to be stand alone there, and you include a folder with any altered art etc. Then you go into the Scenario Properties menu of the editor and include a path that points to that folder.

Comment

Make sure that all the text files are also in order.
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
              X