Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c3mt on XP Home?

Hi,

I recently downloaded Civ3MultiTool v1.01 and attempted to install it on a PC running XP Home.

When I attempt to do so, I received an error pop-up directing me to use the control panel to install Windows components. After I dismiss this pop-up my PC reboots.

Does c3mt 1.01 support XP Home, or have I missed something?

Thanks!

yes it does. I run it with no problem. Maybe you should try using a different compatibility mode? Also ask Gramphos about the problem in the Files forum in the multi-tool thread.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

The latest versions have been complied under XP Home.

Did you use the full install?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yes, I used the full install.

The file I tried using was the "C3MTfull-1.01.exe" file (2,335 MB).

Comment

What language version of windows do you have?

Comment

I am running Windows XP Home + SP1, English.

Also, I've running Civ3 (english) + patch 1.29f, PTW (english) + patch 1.21f.

Comment

Gramphos,

I think I have resolved the problem I reported.

When I downloaded C3MT, I did so at work (better internet bandwidth), and burned the files onto CD. I took the CD home and attempted to install C3MT on my home PC, using the CD. Those attempts resulted in the error I reported.

On a hunch, I copied the files to local disk and attempted to install C3MT from the local disk files.

This attempt went smoothly, without any problems.

So, my apologies for the red herring.

However, being relatively new to C3MT, I did have a newbie question. I have a PTW save-game I wanted to try some experiments with.

How do I modify a PTW save-game using SGE in C3MT?

Thanks!

Comment

Just load the save in the SGE and do the changes you wanmt to do. If you don't tell me what you want to change I can't give you any more details.

Comment

I am interested in making some terrain/resource changes.

Comment

You go into the most tricky parts at once...

To do that you need to go to the map tab of the SaveGame Editor and select Export. Then you have to edit the map in Civ3XEdit. For best result you shouldn't change the total number of continents and water areas while editing the map. (It might work to chnge them as well, but I've not verified that)

Once you are done with your changes to the bix you shall import it back to the save. (Note that there currently is no solution for the fact that resources that are on unsuitable terrain due to change in terrain during gameplay are lost (I might make some way to override that in later versions))

Comment

Hmm. I don't seem to be getting the result I would expect.

Here what I did:
                      - Start C3MT, start SGE, load save-game.
                      - Flip to Map tab, export bix file, including rules.
                      - Start PTW Editor, load new bix file.
                      - Make resource change on a region of the map I can observe. No other changes made.
                      - Save modified bix file. Close PTW Editor.
                      - In C3MT SGE, import modified bix file.
                      - Save modified save-game.
                      - Start PTW, load modifed save-game.
                      - Look at region of map that was modified. No changes!

Have I missed something?

Thanks for your help ...

Comment

It sounds like the correct process... I'll have to make a check on that code. There might be a bug with the import of maps to PTW saves. (I can't remember wether I've tested that, or just importing to original saves)

Does the statistics change in SGE when importing that other map?

Comment

I ran a check test to answer your question.

I followed the above procedure (clicking the statistics button on the Map tab after step #1) and added 4 horse resources to squares in my kingdom.

After step #6 (import modified bix file), I clicked the statistics button again.

The horses went up by four, as expected, but an number of other resources also changed:

Type Before After
                          Rubber 19 13
                          Uranium 16 14
                          Dyes 13 10
                          Spices 11 10
                          Silks 11 7
                          Gems 11 4
                          Game 40 33

In general, the numbers decreased, but not by the same amount. This was a surprise. I did not modify any of these other resources.

I also had another question: on the Map tab, there is a Combine Maps button.

What is that button used for? Should I use that in what I'm attempting to do?

Thanks!

Comment

The change in other resources is most likely due to the fact that the editor follows strict resource rules for where some resources may be. I'm working on a way to make that not ffect imported saves... (Maybe an option to never remove a resource or something)

The Combine Maps combine all player and AI visible map areas ala map trading. It's not of big use, but I just had to have some functions for the map tab

Comment

OK. I'll continue to experiment with the modified (exported>editted>imported) save game. (Hopefully none of the changed resources are mine! :-)

Thanks again for your help!

I'll also look for your next update to C3MT as well.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X