Converting Isometric maps to traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Isometric maps to traditional

I dont know if this is the best place to post this, or if itll be allowed, but Ill try.

Im making a game using RPG Maker 2003 and need a map of North America. I converted the North and South America map from Colonization but it looked bad and was too small. Ideally the map should be at least 100 x 100

Ive used isometric maps like those in Civ II and III too, but those always end up looking really thin because youre going from isometric to the traditional map style. From diamonds to squares. It never really works.

So does anybody know any games, probably old games, that had tile-based maps like in the original Civilization? I tried Heroes of Might & Magic III but couldnt find any North America maps for it. Conversely, is there a way to go from isometric to squares without the whole thinning problem?

Well this is hardly the place for it so I would recomend a programming forum.

However, I would recomend that you download a free tileset and then make the mpa yourself. It wouldn't be too hard and in a tile based game you hardly need a graphics whiz to desgin the mpa as long as you already have the tiles. Run a google search for terrain tilesets, tilesets, and sprites. I'm sure you can find everything you need.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I already have the tileset. I didnt post at a RPG Maker 3 forum because theyre not generally familiar with the games whos maps I need. Theyre, one can assume, familiar with nerdy RPGs which are not what I want.

This forum was chosen under the assumption that the people here would be familiar with turn-based strategy games of the kind Im looking for. Apparently not.

Comment

we are familair with turn based strat games but the only way I can tell you to convert Isometric maps to square is by opening up youtr tileset and taking out square peices of the tiles with a photo editor. Oh yeah and check out www.visualbasicforum.com there is a isometric tile converter there and they might have one that does the reverse. Good luck.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
        X