New Governments In C3C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Governments In C3C

Forming an Islamic Sultanate is mentioned in the features. I have also read about Feudalism and Fascism being added.

I think new governments is a great thing but should they replace this "Islamic Sultanate" with Theocracy. I know most Civ players seem to hate any ideas that are from Call To Power. But for a game like Civ Theocracy could cover Islamic Sultanate as well as other religious governments and would be nice.

Also I think Feudalism is a bit too similar to Monarchy perhaps.

IMHO Theocracy and Fascism would be two nice choices to add.

Theocracy is Civ2's Fundemantalism. Islamic Sultanate isn't more religious than Feudalism (calling it an Islamic Sultanate would be like calling it Catholic Feudalism)

I have a hunch that some of these govs are scenario specific. Facism could be WWI, Feudalism and Sultanate could be a Crusades type scenario (Byzantium was mentioned as being part of a scenario). Tribal Council and Oligarchy are listed as part of the Mesopotamian Tech tree.

There was only one government I couldn't find a home for yet (Confucian Buracracy). This government definately can't qualify under another gov (Feudalism and Sultanate goes under monarchy, Fascism goes under Despotism). It also doesn't fit in any known scenarios (there are 5 unknowns, though). It wasn't wide spread around the world, so I'm not sure if it really should be in the regular game.

Makes me wonder how many, if any, of these governments aren't scenario-specific
    Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Can't you just mod the game to make the governments yourselves? Also, I wanted fascism to be in the game but I couldn't decide on its properties. I couldn't think of anything to make it different from a monarchy
      "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I don't see any room in the normal Civ3 game for more governments, with the one big exception of Fundamentalism. That should definitely be in, with its Fanatics units, but it probably won't be. The government types announced thus far are pretty obscure and ridiculous (and feudalism is just plain redundant).

Comment

hi ,

lets hope we shall see more variations on a gov also , civ specific with trait combos that give different results for each gov

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

lets hope we shall see more variations on a gov also , civ specific with trait combos that give different results for each gov
            They sort of already do have something like that. Favorite and shunned governments.
            "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod

They sort of already do have something like that. Favorite and shunned governments.
              hi ,

not that , if y takes demo then it should be different from x because of the traits , etc , ......

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

One of the problems with the governments as they stand is that they don't allow for enough differences. Hopefully C3C will address this, giving us more flexibility in government design.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                X