Civ4 should have attack bonuses for different units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 should have attack bonuses for different units

Right now in civ3 there are two types of units: offensive and defensive. That's it. And of course, there are a couple special units like marines and paratroopers. Anyway, civ 4 could have a whole new dimension to it. Certain units could be made to do well against other units. Flamethrowers could have a bonus against any foot soldiers. Bazookas would have a bonus against tanks. Spearman could have bonuses towards mounted units (I know, spearmen are the defensive unit, but in real life they were mainly used vs. cavalry).

Anyway, if you can have those types of bonuses in civ4 it would make the game more realistic, better, and think of the options it would give you in the editor!
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

How do you make units able to be killed by bombardment?

I forgot to add. Mountain troops have bonuses on raised terrain. Alpine units (like the Finnish ski troops) get bonuses in forests or terrain. The possibilities would be endless! This is why they should have this in civ4.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

I don't think the game should be detailed enough to inlcude flamethrowers.

Comment

Working...
      X