BIC/BIX Format spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIC/BIX Format spreadsheet

I've created an exel spreadsheet from the data posted about the bic and bix formats.

The intent was to get the data in an offline form and in a format that one could use to create a schema for parsing.

So with the schema idea in mind, you'll see some extra columns that would help a program interpret the data (assuming you dumped a comma delimmited list).

Okay, I was about to attach the file, but it would appear xls is not a valid attachable file. Any suggestions?

I could dump a comma delim text file, but you'd lose all of my pretty colors showing the diff between BIC and BIX.

EDIT: Okay, get the file here.

Last edited by BlueWlvrn; July 13, 2003, 21:14.

hi ,

it works

this is really a great tool , it should be front page news , real handy for some creators

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Nice. Well done, BW. You might want to put a link in the BIC sticky thread too if you haven't yet. I've been using just the sticky thread itself or a local copy if necessary, but this is nice and it incorporates all the little differences we've scrounged together into one spot, which none of the rest of us have had the time to "publish." Even has an empty third sheet for the conquests format I plan on poking around with at some point too

Comment

Good stuff, BlueWlvrn. Thanks for the effort. Like escobar here, I've been mostly using a copy of the stickied thread I saved off-line, but having all the info in a condensed fashion is very nice.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

BlueWlvrn, tiny little nitpick:

In your spreadsheet, under the PRTO section, the name of the unit and the civilopedia entry are marked as long values, whereas they should be strings.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Okay fixed it. I saw that (it's that way in the doc thread too).

Comment

Re: BIC/BIX Format spreadsheet

Originally posted by BlueWlvrn
              Okay, I was about to attach the file, but it would appear xls is not a valid attachable file. Any suggestions?
              If you zip the file you should be able to upload it here.

Good job. I've just posted a correction to the TERR data structure in the text version thread, and now I've found your version, where the correct definition is already in place.

Comment

How to compress/uncompress BIX files

Hi!

Please, help me to understand how it possible to compress/uncompress BIX files so they becames like BIC files?
                I mean, BIX files have some compression and it's not possible to change them without Civ3Edit.
                But I hope that you know some way to decompress BIX files to make changes and then compress it again.

Thank you!
                Dreyk

Comment

You may use my expander to decompress the files. If you had read this thread before posting you would have known that.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gramphos, I'm getting a 404 on that link.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

easy, copy the link, edit it (it's quite obvious what's wrong if you have a look at it) and try again.

this is what you'd get (it works):

have fun...
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I don't like it when the forum mixes up with the links you write down. I know you shall uncheck the autophrase urls when trying to use relative links, but I must have forgot that. :doh:
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

What type of file is this? winzip and zip both have problems with it.
                          PF

Comment

Oh, this was on the expand link zip file, not the xls file. The xls file is good.

Comment

Sorry, i am maybe stupid, but does anyone know how to use gramphos expander? it says "input is not in the correct format!", when i doubleclick it
                              Can you please tell me? i am not so good in programming. thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X